Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Troubleshoot your device issues
killakitty's profile

• 

5 Messages

Monday, February 14th, 2022 5:15 PM

Connected Car hasn't worked for a few weeks

I have a 2018 RAM 1500 with U-Connect and AT&T connected car.  It stopped working around the beginning of February.  I've had a ticket open for a few weeks and finally got a response below.  They're still charging me btw.  If they're saying I have to go to the dealer to get something fixed, when nothing changed in the truck, I'll just cancel.  They need to fix this ASAP.  Also, not great grammar AT&T.

We have gotten word back from the back office team and they stated that the following:                         

"AT&T and Stellantis are aware of an issue affecting wi-fi connectivity but at this time we are holding tickets and not refer to the dealer until we have an outlined process or fix. This ticket will remained in a suspended state and updates will be suspend until we are advisement from Stellantis or network support regard this concern that is occurring with this vehicle please continue to stand by once a substantial update is provided we will advise."                       

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I got sick of waiting with no response, took the radio fuse under the hood out for half an hour and then put it back, and everything worked again after weeks of nothing from ATT connected car. Pretty stupid if you ask me. 

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

@killakitty 

I've read this could help.  Has it worked without issue ever since?  How is the fuse labeled?  I wasn't able to locate a fuse labeled radio or anything similar.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve been having this same issue for months on my 2020 gladiator. I’ll try the fuse trick!

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just got off of the phone with AT&T and now they said this issue will not be resolved until Sept.  Hmm, time to cancel all subscriptions on the dodge.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Pulling the fuse and putting it back in fixed the issue for me….perhaps only temporarily. 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have been having issues with my 2019 Dodge Challenger WIFI not working since November of 2021. I bought this car brand new off the showroom floor. I have been in contact with AT&T several times as well as today they told me it not their fault they had nothing to do with this issue. AT&T advised me 3 different times to have my dealership replace my whole system in my car since its under warranty so I'm currently on my 3rd radio system in my car. In March of 2022 AT&T  argued with my dealership blaming me and Uconnect and stellantis and my dealership for my wifi not working even have being on my 3rd system. I have a few tickets open. Today I called AT&T spoke to 3 different people for almost 3 hours to get an update. They said they had all the correct information of my cars IMEI and sim card information I asked them to verify it with me they hesitated I kept pushing for it. The supervisor finally gave me the numbers and I pointed out to her that the information she is giving me is wrong She asked me to prove it. So I emailed her a picture of it then she said I will open another ticket I asked about my other tickets and she said she can't find any. I advised AT&T that I have an email from them in May of 2022 stating to me that the issues will be resolved by the end of May and no later then June 2022. Again I was asked to prove it so I did. When I contacted AT&T today the first rep told me they do not know when it will be fixed and they are working on it. I asked for my money back and they refuse to refund me any money and just keep giving me free months of services for something I can't use. I also pointed out that my car was not showing up on the portal any more and when I tried to add it a message came up saying it is already registered in the system. I have been also keeping in contact with Uconnect/Stellantis and I have been told as of today they have communication from June 2022 that AT&T is hoping to have this issue resolved by the End of this year. I had Uconnect/stellantis verify that car has the correct update with me they showed me at the dealership as well  with the list and issues for each updated fixes.  I called AT&T back spoke to another person giving them all the further information I Obtained and have proof of and they rep at AT&T over talked me said the information I have is not true I said well what about the emails I have from AT&T and the pictures of my radio screen and my online account the rep said he would open another ticket so I figured I would send in the proof via email as I did with the supervisor on the first call today that verified she received them and then sent me the ticket number. Then the last rep I spoke to sent me another  number so I replied back to it with proof and the email bounced back on me stating it was an invalid email address. Uconnect also point out to me in a couple of months ago that AT&T and the FAA are in a legal battle being of mobile/wifi issues. I looked into it and it's in investment news articles and online. I brought that up to AT&T asking what that was all about today and I was hung up on.

I'm So tired of AT&T pointing fingers at everyone but them selves and not taking responsibility and fabricating things to me to the point that I have to prove to them that I keep catching them telling me things that are not 100% accurate/not true.  

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

So got off the phone with Att and the service representative thinks it good news that they are aware of the issues and are working on it. That’s a bunch of (Edited per community guidelines). Att and Chrysler thinks that it okay to sell/support products that downtime is okay! I needed this for a trip and now no dice. Last time I’m supporting these two companies.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p;

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I posted this 2 months ago and im posting again because last week AT&T told to go get a 4th radio in my car and now my delarship is going have my car while  a STAR case is created and a master tech looks at the issue From FCA. So when I take my car in next week they told me because of what AT&T is doing I will be with out a car for 1 week to 2 weeks. So not only do I have to make a car payment but I also have to pay for a rental.

AT&T said the only way they will give me back any money  for the WIFI is if I get a cell phone account with them.

I have been having issues with my 2019 Dodge Challenger WIFI not working since November of 2021. I bought this car brand new off the showroom floor. I have been in contact with AT&T several times as well as today they told me it not their fault they had nothing to do with this issue. AT&T advised me 3 different times to have my dealership replace my whole system in my car since its under warranty so I'm currently on my 3rd radio system in my car. In March of 2022 AT&T  argued with my dealership blaming me and Uconnect and stellantis and my dealership for my wifi not working even have being on my 3rd system. I have a few tickets open. Today I called AT&T spoke to 3 different people for almost 3 hours to get an update. They said they had all the correct information of my cars IMEI and sim card information I asked them to verify it with me they hesitated I kept pushing for it. The supervisor finally gave me the numbers and I pointed out to her that the information she is giving me is wrong She asked me to prove it. So I emailed her a picture of it then she said I will open another ticket I asked about my other tickets and she said she can't find any. I advised AT&T that I have an email from them in May of 2022 stating to me that the issues will be resolved by the end of May and no later then June 2022. Again I was asked to prove it so I did. When I contacted AT&T today the first rep told me they do not know when it will be fixed and they are working on it. I asked for my money back and they refuse to refund me any money and just keep giving me free months of services for something I can't use. I also pointed out that my car was not showing up on the portal any more and when I tried to add it a message came up saying it is already registered in the system. I have been also keeping in contact with Uconnect/Stellantis and I have been told as of today they have communication from June 2022 that AT&T is hoping to have this issue resolved by the End of this year. I had Uconnect/stellantis verify that car has the correct update with me they showed me at the dealership as well  with the list and issues for each updated fixes.  I called AT&T back spoke to another person giving them all the further information I Obtained and have proof of and they rep at AT&T over talked me said the information I have is not true I said well what about the emails I have from AT&T and the pictures of my radio screen and my online account the rep said he would open another ticket so I figured I would send in the proof via email as I did with the supervisor on the first call today that verified she received them and then sent me the ticket number. Then the last rep I spoke to sent me another  number so I replied back to it with proof and the email bounced back on me stating it was an invalid email address. Uconnect also point out to me in a couple of months ago that AT&T and the FAA are in a legal battle being of mobile/wifi issues. I looked into it and it's in investment news articles and online. I brought that up to AT&T asking what that was all about today and I was hung up on.

I'm So tired of AT&T pointing fingers at everyone but them selves and not taking responsibility and fabricating things to me to the point that I have to prove to them that I keep catching them telling me things that are not 100% accurate/not true.  

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This has been going on with my Jeep Compass for over a year now.  they keep telling me it is a software update with Chrysler and At&t IS TILL WAITING ON A RESPONSE.  NOT TO MENTION THEY STILL HAVE MY $200 FOR THE ANNUAL SERVICE.   Every few months I call and they tell me the same thing.  it has been escalated and the account needs to be active for them to resolve this dispute.  this is ridiculous! 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

As frustrating as this is for everyone, I think I have some answers that will at least satisfy myself for now and help to better understand the issue, and makes the most sense to me. I’ve been dealing with WiFi issues for a year. I have a 2020 dodge ram 1500 with the UConnect C4 12 inch display radio. I have all the bells and whistles. I have an annual subscription for AT&T Wi-Fi, SiriusXM radio, and SiriusXM guardian with app remote access. I am a Carpenter and I need to navigate and stay connected. Last November 2021 I started noticing intermittent Wi-Fi. I called AT&T and SiriusXM to confirm my accounts were active and everything was green on their end.  At first everyone was playing the blame game. Then AT&T explained to me that when they transitioned from a 3G Network to a 4G Network, they did a nationwide update which was not compatible with some Uconnect generation one radio software. This affected most third party services requiring WiFi. They said they were working together with Uconnect and Stallantis… Rams manufacturer to resolve the issue. So it really is a multi company issue. Again, AT&T’s nationwide 4G update, was not compatible with Uconnect generation one radio software even though it may be up to date. They gave me a three month extension to my Wi-Fi service plan. Months went by and finally my dealer replaced my radio about two months ago. I presumed they replaced my generation one radio with a generation two or three radio because they were not affected by the nationwide software update. I had to notify AT&T and Sirius Xm to update them with the new Radio hardware information. After signing back in to all the connected services, everything worked fine until four days ago. No WiFi, the Uconnect app will not locate my truck, and I can’t remote access the truck. Also, the navigation screen will follow my location, but when entering an address in the address search window I get a screen that says “no connection available”. My SiriusXM radio is working because it’s from a satellite, but any service that requires WiFi is not.

My dealer confirmed that my new radio is NOT a generation one radio and the software is up to date. Last night I finally got through to Stallantis tech support who was well aware of the issue and he read me a statement from AT&T basically saying that they have all but shut down their Connected Car service until the issue is resolved by the end of this year. This is probably why my brand new radio has no WiFi.

I have been told on several occasions from AT&T that when the issue is finally resolved, whether it’s an AT&T update, or a Uconnect software update, that you do have to have an active Wi-Fi plan in order for your radio to update properly. So far AT&T has been very good. I have received a three month extension to my Wi-Fi service plan each time that I’ve called in to complain.

I hope this helps.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.