Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Troubleshoot your device issues
M

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, August 17th, 2021 11:15 PM

Cingular flip 4 not getting MMS messages

I was forcibly switched to this phone by ATT to replace my samsung rugby. I am unable to send or receive picture messages (something the user manual claims can be done) and the message I receive is "network error, please check the network and try again." Hours of phone calls with tech support, nobody can find the problem. I go to a store, and i am told that the phone is outright not compatible with MMS function. When asked why a phone that claims to have this function does not actually have this function, I am told, and I quote, "I don't know." Someone is a liar and it is either ATT or whatever muppets they hired to design a phone they cannot answer questions about. How do I get MMS messages on this alleged MMS-enabled phone please.

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

@morticon I feel your pain. First make sure WAP Push is on in your Message Settings. Turn Group texts OFF. Then if that doesn't work...can you access your APN Settings under Network Connectivity-Mobile Data-APN Settings? Open Data Settings, does it say ATT Nxtgenphone?

Thanks,

BG

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

morticon@morticon 

Sorry, could not edit my last post. I have a Data Plan, my old crappy LG 380 had no problem sending and receiving MMS, my new Cingular IV could not. If you do NOT see the word ATT Nxtgenphone in that APN Setting and you can’t MMS message, go to a ATT store and get a new SIM card. I spent probably 8 hours on Support and Supper Duper Advanced Technical (LOL) and I asked every time, “could it be the SIM card”, always telling me not possible I had only 3 options left, full factory reset, switch to Verizon or new SIM card. The new SIM card was the fix. Do NOT have them send you a new SIM, go to a Store and  have this done. Either some SIMs are bad or maybe they use different or non compatible for MMS SIMS for pre-paid  phones? This I have clue, just a hunch. What I DO know is the new SIM did the trick. Anyone who can’t do MMS and gets “Network Error” go get a new SIM card.

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

…but wait, there’s more! After thinking my MMS issue was solved with the insertion of a new SIM, NOW I can receive a photo or an attachment, but only once. If I receive an MMS(attachment) any other one sent next will not come thru (Network Error). IF I restart the phone, MMS function returns…but only once…then to receive another MMS I need to restart then phone again (regardless of any message setting combination). Btw, not a memory issue as all is download to SD card and the previous message I deleted. It is hard to fathom they released a phone like this to their loyal customer base. Even an LG 380 kicks this Cingular IV’s little behind 6 ways to Sunday. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.