For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
tp6795's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, March 29th, 2016 3:21 AM

Online Order Complaint

I placed an order today online for a wireless phone upgrade and the necessary changes to our plan (data, storage, etc) to accomodate the upgrade.  The experience was stellar; the customer rep, Jade, was a delight and most helpful.  That's where the good of the story ends.

Due to the fact that I am a city employee with odd hours, I placed the order online with pickup at our local AT&T store.  I phoned my wife and told her that a new phone would be waiting for her pickup.  She called me later and advised that they had no phone awaiting her arrival, nor did they have anything that showed an order had been placed.  I was in a meeting and told her I would take care of it later.

Following my meeting, I phoned the AT&T store.  They researched the matter and found the order to still be in processing and that it would likely be the next day when the phone would be available.  This sounded very odd, so I checked the order myself online when I returned home.  I contacted Customer Service and was advised the order had been cancelled due to an inability to verify the contact number.  It seems that my online ID Profile carried an errant number for our home phone.  Mind you, AT&T has been our carrier for year and the number that was on our profile was a number that we have never had with AT&T.  I was referred to another office that could assist me with making the change to our profile.

I spoke with a rep at the next office and after spending a good deal of time attempting to make the change to our home number, I was advised that because we have "combined billing," another office would have to execute the change to our profile.  And of course, that office was already closed for the day.  So I am left with the following dilemma and questions:

1. Our order was cancelled, so now EVERYTHING associated with our wireless phone shows to be cancelled.

2. If the errant number on our profile and its unverifiability is what caused all of this, how on earth did the number get entered in the first place?  Again, AT&T is the carrier for our home phone, wireless, and internet.  If the profile number did not match the home number when attempt to verify was made, they certainly did not match when the profile number was entered.
3.  And in the meantime, I've already paid the $53.00 to execute our order...the same order that has now been cancelled.

What started out as an enjoyable experience has now become a huge headache.  Reflects poorly on you, AT&T. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

8 years ago

This is a customer to customer self help forum, not ATT.  Just so you know who your venting to.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.