For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 24th, 2020 3:17 PM

Accepted Email Domains for device activation

Hello,

I am a librarian and we have patrons who like to activate prepaid phones using the public computers at the library. Some are wary about using the major email providers, but I have also seen issues with some lesser known email domains being marked as fraudulent and freezing the accounts. Would it be possible to see a list of accepted email domains to share with patrons?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

This is the community Forum, which is customer populated, and not AT&T customer service. You are also asking on the cell phone forum.  

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

Not sure what you are asking for. Email is not required to activate a prepaid phone.

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Well, they still need to set up an account with AT&T and I've had a few who get their accounts frozen because AT&T thinks the account is fraudulent. I couldn't find anything through FAQs so I figured I would see if anyone knew of specific domains that ATT does not like. Worth a shot anyway.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

No email address is required for a prepaid account, so again, no idea what you are talking about.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

4 years ago

Okay I think I know what's going on here. Your patrons are trying to set up a prepaid account on My ATT which does look for an email. But that would trigger an error because my ATT is only used for postpaid not prepaid. Prepaid uses the pay go online website.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.