For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
TalkIsCheap's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, February 14th, 2017 2:32 PM

Why has wireless coverage degraded since the first of the year?

Quite a few unhappy AT&T customers in and around Roachdale, IN 46172 according to my father-in-law.  The local dentist mentioned people complaining about a change in service as well when I was in yesterday (2/13/17).  I knew my in-laws had some trouble since the first of the year.  I've used Mark The Spot in the past to report when service was poor before and they got service restored pretty quickly.  This time around, it's now been a month and a half of poor coverage in and around Roachdale, IN 46172 and I've reported on Mark The Spot.

Knowing the 2G network shutdown at the end of last year and even though they have 3G capable phones, I thought a new phone might fix the issue, but that has not proven any more reliable, even with the addition of LTE bands.  I used a Sonim XP5 yesterday to test and there was no change in service.

The MTI app had a tower with congestion nearby last week, but that has cleared and no improvement in service.

These are not people to complain quickly, but they are starting to now, so it needs to be checked out and fixed.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

I had a similar problem.  Download the mark the spot app and start reporting the problem areas often.    We got areas fixed in about 2 weeks, right when I was on my way to Verizon to change carriers.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.