For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
T

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 16th, 2021 1:48 PM

Spoofed number affecting my medical health

I know my number is spoofed. My dad, uncle, brother, veterinarian, diabetes doctor, workplace, post office, library, and several prospective jobs have all told me my number keep going to some woman who is obviously just a voice line program. My Dr office cannot get ahold of me to inform my of a change in perception. My vet could not inform me my dog unfortunately died (he was 13 but went in for a broken leg). I missed out on several jobs because they though I was wasting their time with prank calls. My uncle even went as far as recording an exchange where he said he was at the hospital and the woman kept saying that's nice. I cannot afford the $30 to change my number aside from updating everywhere my number needs to be changed. Is there any other solution or ic number spoofing just something I have to deal with and hope I don't NOT get a call informing my a loved one had been involved in a serious incident?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

What you describe is not spoofing. If calls to your number are going elsewhere, it is some other problem. You need to report that to ATT.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

As @sandblaster pointed out, what you are describing is not spoofing.

From the FCC website:

What Is Spoofing?

Spoofing is when a caller deliberately falsifies the information transmitted to your caller ID display to disguise their identity. Scammers often use neighbor spoofing so it appears that an incoming call is coming from a local number, or spoof a number from a company or a government agency that you may already know and trust. If you answer, they use scam scripts to try to steal your money or valuable personal information, which can be used in fraudulent activity.

It sounds more like your identity has been stolen.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.