Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
Arent167's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 6th, 2022 2:42 PM

Closed

My Service is terrible!

I recently switched myself and my family over from TMobile to AT&T.  I took advantage of the promotion of a free Galaxy with trade-ins.  Everything seemed fine until we got the new phones and switched everything over.  From the start I've had issues, from SIM cards not working, to phones having the wrong numbers assigned to the wrong phones, I was told my daughter's trade-in wasn't eligible  and that the promotion had ended and forced to buy her a phone, only to see the commercial with Lily still giving people free phones.  And this is just the phone stuff! 

Service had been HORRENDOUS...dropped calls, or when they actually DO go through you can't make out what anyone is saying because it constantly cuts out. Messages not delivered, I was late to work because I didn't receive an important text from my boss during a snow storm...I am essential personnel and NEED my phone for communication.  I've called and all I get are outsourced reps that talk nice and make all these promises from their scripted conversations but improvements aren't happening.  I'm paying MORE than i was with Verizon and TMobile and receiving terrible service.  I can no longer call my wife at work because she no longer gets signal in her building.  In my OWN home, we can't call someone who is in the basement because it cuts out.  I've NEVER had any issues with calls dropping with out previous carriers.  I feel like I've been scammed just to get some free phones.  This 5G service that they are bragging about is choppy and inconsistent. AT&T should be ASHAMED to advertise SAFE, RELIABLE, SECURE, Yeah right!! I'm ready to switch back to another carrier and it's only been one billing cycle so far.     

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

2 years ago

You had 14 days to try the service out before you turned in your trade-in phones. And if necessary switch back to your previous service provider. If you've already turned in your phone it's too late to get them back. But you can take the phones you have over to T-Mobile, and participate in their trade-in switch deal.

AT&T has nothing to be ashamed of. T-Mobile's absolute garbage in my area. AT&T is second-best to Verizon.   But I know that if I switch to T-Mobile and the service isn't good,  (1) I already asked around and I know T-Mobile is bad, and  (2) that I have 14 days to return everything to T-Mobile and switch back to the carrier of my choice, and most importantly (3)  that it is 100% on me to do this, it is not up to any carrier to provide me with the kind of service I want, need, or expect.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Well maybe in YOUR area T-Mobile is bad..but in MY area it's better than AT&T. And if i'm paying MORE for a service from AT&T I expect at the very least the same type of quality that I received from Verizon and T-Mobile, which I haven't been getting. 

But HEY...thanks for the sarcasm and snarky response...that totally helped me with my issue. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

2 years ago

@Arent167 , AT&T provides the signal that they provide based on the infrastructure they have in place.  If you don't live near a tower, or live behind a mountain with the tower on the other side, you will not get good AT&T signal.  You calling them or posting to make them aware of that fact will not move their towers a millimeter.   Just because you pay AT&T more doesn't move the towers closer than T-Mobile's, they don't charge you based on your distance from the towers.

Your post saying "AT&T Service is terrible" doesn't really inform anyone other than your neighbors because people who work/live near a lot of AT&T towers wouldn't find that to be true.

A post saying "All Cell Services have varying coverage and you should check to see what coverage you get where you are before making any long-term arrangements" is much more to the point.  Is that what you were trying to say?

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

2 years ago

@Arent167

Well maybe in YOUR area T-Mobile is bad..but in MY area it's better than AT&T. And if i'm paying MORE for a service from AT&T I expect at the very least the same type of quality that I received from Verizon

You have entirely missed the point.

It is not AT & T's responsibility, or capability to provide you with the service you expect.  Just like T-Mobile Verizon and every other carrier the published prices are what you get. And irrelevant.  It does not matter how much you pay for service if it's bad service oh, because you cannot use your phone then it's not worth any amount of money. 

It is 100% on you to choose the service provider that works best for you in the area where you spend most of your time.

Just as I chose as service provider that works best for me in my location.

I would be an absolute fool to complain to T-Mobile about poor service when I already know the T-Mobile service in my area is bad. I would be a fool to switch to T-Mobile knowing that the service is bad and then stay with T-Mobile past the 14 day buyers remorse, because experiencing the bad service should be all I needed to know that it was the wrong carrier for me.

Are you getting the point yet? 

1 Message

3 months ago

Areas are one thing but, if a company promises you something for a price, they need to own up to it. Provide you with what was promised for the price agreed upon. None of the above lists of companies make any customer aware of the fact they aren't covered in specific "areas". They all claim to have 100% coverage in "your" area. They're all liars and are robbing us all blind. They all tell you there are no contracts also but, in fact, you cannot leave their service until your phone is paid off. Is this a "no contract" situation? The question isn't whether the company you're with or loyal to is honest and provides good service compared to the others. The question is, regardless of provider, are we getting what we're paying for. The name of the company doesn't mean anything if it's not performing to your expectations. Since when is the customer.... wrong?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

3 months ago

@Regular 

Areas are one thing but, if a company promises you something for a price, they need to own up to it.

Again, All service providers have disclaimers, because they all have dead zones.   All service providers also have return windows, including the 3-day window in which you can get out without owing them anything except possibly a restock fee on a phone.

If you fail to take advantage of your way out that's entirely on you.

Service areas, coverage zones, and delivery of services are regulated by the FCC.  

They all tell you there are no contracts also but, in fact, you cannot leave their service until your phone is paid off.

Installments on phones and service contracts are not the same.  Installments can be paid off at any time, the phone unlocked, and currently anything that you bought from AT&T, Verizon, or T-Mobile will work on one of those other networks with very few exceptions.   

You also are entirely within your rights to purchase a phone directly from a manufacturer, use it on any network contract and installment free and switch providers at will.  Many people prefer to do this to avoid having a carrier boot screen and carrier specific software on their phone.  

All three major brands, Apple, Samsung, and Google all provide unlock phones that are universal and will work equally as well as a carrier purchased phone.

Since when is the customer.... wrong?

The customers often wrong. 

And an uninformed uneducated customer has no idea whether they are right, or wrong because they are uninformed and uneducated.

All three networks publish a considerable amount of information online including their terms of service, return windows, installment agreements etc. If you don't read it and know it when you switch service providers you are at the mercy of your own ignorance

And if you're going to rely on coverage maps, you will be misled. According to the coverage maps I have full 5G LTE and everything coverage from T-Mobile at my home. A fact which has been disproven by every service person and contractor who has come to my home and has no service here.  

Which also serves to prove that's coverage maps are not the best way to discover whether service works. People that live in your area are the people to talk to. If you just moved into an area talk to your next door neighbor about which cell service they use, which ones work and which ones don't

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.