For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
dagoof's profile

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

Sunday, June 28th, 2015 1:41 PM

Lumia 830 LTE signal goes from 5 bars to no service

I'm going to try this once more seeing as I have yet to get a satisfactory response. While on a recent business trip I noticed on multiple occasions that my 830 would lose all connectivity when entering a building. I would have four or five bars outside and then no service inside. Nothing, no 4G, 3G or anything else. Everyone else in the place is using their cell phones and I'm sitting there with a useless brick. Does anyone have a helpful suggestion, and please no more canned responses from AT&T, the folks that can't bring us the Denim update.

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If it isn't a SIM card problem that is causing the signal loss, then it is the antenna in the phone that is the problem. If your phone is under warranty, it can be replaced. If it is not under warranty, you will have to pay to repair or replace it.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

I'm not sure you are understanding the problem. I can go from five bars of LTE to "out of service" in the space of five feet. My phone has perfectly good reception when there is LTE available. It never backs down to a lower connection speed when LTE is weak, it just goes out of service.

Teacher

• 

23 Messages

9 years ago

Well I went to an AT&T store and was told to "Call Tech Support". No attempt to help me. So I go to a Microsoft store where I'm told that AT&T doesn't think we need anything but LTE, so if there's no LTE you are screwed...

So I call AT&T tech support and all I get is a rude and condesending rep who also seems to have absolutley no intention of trying to fix the problem.

Bottom line, between AT&T's inability to get the Denim firmware out and their incredibly bad tech support, I'll be heading back to Verizon soon. Bye, bye.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.