For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Check for service outages
L

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 3rd, 2021 2:05 PM

HUGE MISTAKE

What mistake. First we switched from Verizon because I got suckered in because they said they could save us a ton of money by bundling cable, internet, and wireless. Well, $176 in activation fees for switching was the first mistake. To which they said sorry we'll take a whopping $63 off your bill which is already at $400 for your bundle. Awesome. 

So now I have horrible service, can't make a call, receive a call, send or receive text messages. Good luck if I needed to make or receive an emergency call. You could stand next to their cellphone tower and still not get service. So now I know why they are so cheap. Their network is junk. 

I might take the hit and go back to Verizon. Yes it was more expensive but at least their network is 10x better and I had the peace of mind that I could make a call or send a text. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

So now I know why they are so cheap. Their network is junk. 

First time I’ve ever seen anyone call ATT’s pricing cheap. ATT’s and Verizon’s prices are almost identical. In any event, the network is not junk for me. Every carrier has locations where there network doesn’t work well, it’s the customer’s responsibility to pick the carrier that provides the coverage they need where they need. Perhaps ATT isn’t right for you. That doesn’t mean it is junk for everyone. Before you take the hit and switch back, though. You might want to find out if other ATT customers in your area have the same issue. Just make sure your issues aren’t your phone or account or something that can be fixed. If the coverage is just bad, by all means switch back.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

2 years ago

Activation fees are $30 per line, Verizon charges $40 per line.  So $176 make no sense. 

Your first bill includes more than one month service, it includes the activation fees, it does not yet include your auto pay and paperless discount, and does not yet include any credits for any phone. 

Exactly like Verizon. 

My first Verizon bill was over $500. My regular Verizon bill is just under $200.  

The service on the other hand is something you can resolve, by switching back to Verizon and returning all of your phones within the 14 day trial.

You had 14 days to return phones so that you did not have to pay for them. You would still get charged to restock fee for any phone that was opened and used.  And you would still have to pay for one month service. Did you take advantage of this trial period and return phones?   No?  Why not? 

If you immediately found the service was substandard, and did not switch back to Verizon, this is entirely on you. Hopefully you have purchased phones that will work if they are paid off and unlocked, and then you can take them back to Verizon and get service there.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.