Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Check for service outages
Nashtari88's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, June 14th, 2014 4:47 PM

Advice needed !!!

I have two iPhone 5s' on the same contract with AT&T. One gets full LTE coverage almost everywhere and never has a problem. Recently my line the past two months has had little to no coverage. I contacted AT&T multiple times. The first time they suggested I get a replacement phone as it might be a malfunction so I got another brand new iPhone 5s. That didnt help at all. They than suggested I get a new sim card and than reset all my network connections. That still doesnt work. Almost everywhere I go my phone always shows "searching" or "no service." I replaced the sim card again this month getting desperate and hoping it would work and still nothing. I don't know what else to do and this is mainly my phone I have to have for work and it is now affecting my job. Anyone have any advice or has anyone experienced the same problem?

Smiley Frustrated

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

Do you have people around you also using att? Do they get the same kind of signal, or is just you. If people around you using att having no problem, then I would say it just might be the configuration of your phone serial number being proper register on the att network or not.

However, I think that is unlikely going to be the case. Maybe the area of where you at simply have poor signal. If that's the case, maybe you can ask about the micro cell tower, which is a portal signal extension provided by att, but you will have to pay for it, which is about 200 dollars.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@Nashtari88 wrote:

I have two iPhone 5s' on the same contract with AT&T. One gets full LTE coverage almost everywhere and never has a problem. Recently my line the past two months has had little to no coverage. I contacted AT&T multiple times. The first time they suggested I get a replacement phone as it might be a malfunction so I got another brand new iPhone 5s. That didnt help at all. They than suggested I get a new sim card and than reset all my network connections. That still doesnt work. Almost everywhere I go my phone always shows "searching" or "no service." I replaced the sim card again this month getting desperate and hoping it would work and still nothing. I don't know what else to do and this is mainly my phone I have to have for work and it is now affecting my job. Anyone have any advice or has anyone experienced the same problem?

Smiley Frustrated

Since you have 2 of the same model phone, have you tried to swap the SIM cards between the two phones?  If you do does teh problem stay with the phone, or follow the SIM?  It is possible that there is something in the way that you use the phone which is causing the problem.  You may have it in a case that is interfering with the signal (or not in a case reminiscent of the iPhone 4 antenna issue).  There are so many possibilities that we need to know what you have tried and not tried to see if we can help.

I would guess that the problem is either with the SIM or your line configuration, but I can't say positively.  If the problem fillows the SIM card to a new phone, then that will help to show this.  It is also possible that there is something corrupt in your phone backup which keeps gettign restored to your phone every time you replace it, so it seems to happen to you no matter what.  You could try the:

Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings" to see if that helps any.

If it is just a corrupt setting in your iPhone, this should reset all of your network settigns back to their defaults, and it might help you.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

No it's not a case issue both of the phones have the same case. Also how could it be bad service coverage? One phone always gets full LTE and speedy service and mine always is searching. My job is 27 miles from my home, that would be a lot of land without coverage at all from AT&T. Others have AT&T in my building and also have full coverage. I've tried new phone new sims twice and resetting network connections.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.