Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
W

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 21st, 2021 8:45 PM

The worst cellular provider. Definitely could care less about there customers

At@t has screwed and toyed with me more so than any other company. Between being hung up on, mis information, etc.. All I want is my money back . I went into a AT@T store located in Mesa, Az and set up a new prepaid line of service. I brought my Samsung Z Flip with me and activated it . Life was great, I made one phone call and two text messages before it was cut off by At@t due to IMEI . Falsely claiming it was stolen or some (Edited per community guidelines) story. I spent hours on the phone with customer service and the following day I went into the store and cancelled. The manager said due to the account being a prepaid account that he couldn’t refund me the $65.00 dollars cash I prepaid for service . After hours on the phone with customer service, I get a At@t debit card with a balance of 48 cents. Dont make the same mistake I made. Never will I do business or have anything to do with such a shady business. Ive been with Sprint ever since and haven’t had a single issue.  What a (Edited per community guidelines) way of ripping people off by claiming the IMEI number is no good. $1400.00 AT@T phone is no good because they want the consumer to buy or finance a new phone. If 
I had the cash I’d sue..

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

That's how prepaid works.  No refunds.  And you had to bring a compatible phone. 

Where did you buy the phone ?  Ebay?   

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

i have a feeling your not the original owner of the phone and prepaid doesnt refund 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

3 years ago

AT&T Authorized Reseller Store or AT&T Corporate Store? They are not the same. And, as mentioned, where did you purchase the phone? If it was from a third party (eBay, Craig's List, online reseller, stolen, etc) it could be blacklisted and there's nothing AT&T can do about it.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.1K Messages

3 years ago

If IMEI came back as stolen, then whomever sold you the used phone ripped you off. If somehow you bought a brand new phone directly from AT&T (not a 3rd party retailer), then you would need to call them about the situation.

Prepaid does not have a refund option. Once purchased, that is use it or lose it. With IMEI blocked, your option is to get another phone. Check with friends and family to see if they have a used (not blocked of course) phone to use in the meantime. Just make sure it is not a 3G calling phone but is current using AT&T's VoLTE.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.