Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Perturbedcust88's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 26th, 2017 4:11 PM

Prepaid wireless customer service issues

My ATT Prepaid phone was stolen and the number changed without my knowledge and I've been trying to speak to a live customer service agent for a week and the 1-800-901-**** for customer care will not let me get past the entering of the phone number to speak to a live representative. I'm at a loss. I contacted new customer concierge and after explaining the issue and boldly stating multiple times not to connect me to prepaid because I'm unable to proceed because my number was changed, im then still connected to prepaid customer service. And this was after requesting to speak to a supervisor twice. Are prepaid customers so beneath the scale that we are unworthy of service and help? 

Scholar

• 

335 Messages

6 years ago

just say technical support on ivr to get a live rep

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I've said everything from customer service, technical support, to very
explicit things and cannot get past the phone number except to do the
automated new line setup

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

I presume by “number changed”, you mean the prepaid account pin? What exactly do you want customer support to do? By now whoever made the change has probably changed all of the info on the account too. How will you prove to customer support the account is yours? 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

By number changed I mean the phone number was changed...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

6 years ago

You know this how? There is a $36 fee to change a number. Doubtful whoever stole your phone paid that, they probably just got their own SIM card with their own number. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.