Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Bankai's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, January 4th, 2011 9:13 PM

Gophone Refill Question

I was wondering if I can refill my gophone on the expiration date or do I have to refill my gophone before that expiration date?

For example, when I call 611, the expiration date is said to be "at the end of day on January 5, 2011". Can I refill the gophone on the expiration date: January 5, 2011 or do I have to refill the gophone before January 5, 2011?

I'm sorry if this question has been ask before but I can't seem to find the exact answer...

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

13 years ago

You may replenish your account ON the day of expiration, so long as it's 11:59 P.M. or before. 😉 The account would expire after that time. Although, I do recommend refilling the account at least one day in advance. Just to be safe, and that so you don't accidentally forget... 😉 I hope this answered your question.

Mentor

• 

38 Messages

13 years ago

You can refill the account anytime within 60 days from the account balance expiration date to avoid disconnection and so you can keep using the wireless service, although of course you may not be able to use the service on the days that the account balance is expired.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

13 years ago

@Bankai wrote:

I was wondering if I can refill my gophone on the expiration date or do I have to refill my gophone before that expiration date?

For example, when I call 611, the expiration date is said to be "at the end of day on January 5, 2011". Can I refill the gophone on the expiration date: January 5, 2011 or do I have to refill the gophone before January 5, 2011?

I'm sorry if this question has been ask before but I can't seem to find the exact answer...

I've always seen it stated that you can refill on the actual expiration date as Wild Banchi indicates.  However to be on the safe side, I'd also recommend refilling the day before - as this gives you some time to resolve any issues (system "glitches", etc.) that may arise if you have a rollover balance you wish to keep.  Additionally, since in some places the documentation states that you need to refill "prior to the expiration date", I've just felt it better not to potentially provide at&t with an "easy" way to take my rollover balance away.  Lol.  Very literal, I know. 😉

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I Refill my account well before the expiration date and I also buy the largest date plan. I get a confirmation test from at&t saying that everything went well, yet for some reason I don't have the high speed data that I paid for. Btw I'm not just complaining about the speed I've had at&t though a contract for years and I was completely happy with the coverage. I'm saying for some reason I have incredibly slow dial up speed when I'm paying for 4g. PLEASE someone explain to me what is going on!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.