Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
noellea's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, May 5th, 2017 5:41 PM

Go Phone Customer Service

I have had the same GoPhone plan for years. Then I went to an AT&T store to get a new phone for my account.  Although I specifically said that I did not want to change anything else, my rate plan was changed without being informed that they were doing it.  When I went back to the store, they said they could not change it back.  When I tried to contact customer service, I learned that they will not use online chat for GoPhone customers and their telephone system will not allow you to deal with anything that isn't already programmed in their system for an automated response.  Are GoPhone customers unworthy of good service?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

What plan did you have?  And what were you changed to?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

It was ten cents per minute for voice and 25 cents per message.

Thank you for your attention.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

And it was changed to thirty dollars per month, effectively doubling my cost.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 years ago

Send a message through the forum to @ATTMobilityCare and let them know what happened.  

Im guessing the new phone, needed a different size SIM card, otherwise no help from store personnel is needed.    Keep this in mind next time, you font need anything other than ring up the phone.  You can swap the SIM card and move data yourself.   Apparently store personel don't know what they're doing.  

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Call 611 and ask for tech support. If your previous plan shows it was there within 30 days it can be moved back.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thank you very much.  They fixed it.  [It seems like more of a customer service issue than a tech support issue, but whatever it takes.]

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

My go phone 10 cents a minute on international calls without notice, they charged $17.60 for 16 min. The $5.50 for another call, they claimed it was changed Aug 19, 2020, but we've been using it for calls and charged only 10 cents a minute, then suddenly changed with out notice wiping out $27 on the account, they won't refund and no explanation other than that we were notified since August. We never received anything..now they took $5 to change to 250 minutes international calls..very dissatisfied

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

What can I do or file a complaint?

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I am trying to get my old phone number back. [EDITED]

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Please help.  Can you give my old phone number back, [EDITED].  The number I now have is [EDITED].

[EDITED per Community Guideline - removed your personal information]

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.