Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
H

• 

1 Message

Monday, June 1st, 2020 4:22 PM

AT&T Prepaid - $15 plan

Hello,

I had signed up for AT&T because it was offering $15 plan for new customers and I thought this will continue but now I hear from them that the plan price will change to $30. I don't remember reading about this change in the deal. Anyone knows why the price is being increased?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

That $15 plan was only introduced as a temporary plan to help prepaid customers out during the covid pandemic. It was never intended to be permanent. Whether they would raise the price or force customers to change to a different plan, no one knew. If you have been notified the price is increasing, apparently now we know.

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem. This temporary rate should have been stated in the description in the first place. This is misleading.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Actually it never stated the rate plan was temporary it says for a limited time just like any other promo you have to sign up for within the time frame offered it DOES NOT STATE AN END DATE just want to make that clear also T-Mobile is offering this exact same plan and it’s not temporary and they give you additional data for every year you are a customer I also went to a att Corp store asking and the workers had no idea they thought it was good for as long as you had the plan so clearly this is deceptive marketing and false advertisement as well and I’m pretty sure selling something under false pretense is illegal 

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

In addition to posting comments here, I think it's more important to *promptly* file complaints with your state's Attorney General's Office if you agree that AT&T has engaged in fraudulent, deceptive, or misleading trade practices, etc.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

it never had to state the plan was not forever.  ATT has in its terms and service what they can and can't do to a rate plan.  T-mobile only had to keep that plan because of the sprint merger which I have that plan as a 2nd line on my iPhone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.