Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
C

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 31st, 2021 3:10 PM

ATT Offering free phone

I would like to know if a text message I received is legit or spam? Message states that because ATT will no longer have the 3G network and wants to give me a free prepaid phone the number to call is 877 475-2662, I would like to know if this is actually ATT’s number or is it spam?

ACE - Scholar

• 

1K Messages

2 years ago

ATT has been providing upgrades to existing customers using phones that aren't compatible with VoLTE.  The models vary, generally an iPhone SE for iPhone users, a variety of inexpensive Android models for other customers.  

That number looks legit based on my googling of it.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

2 years ago

Yes, legit message. 

If you believe there is a mistake, please list the make and model of your phone, and if it is a phone that was originally from another Network, and may still boot with a boot screen from a different provider, it won't work on at&t. AT&T also has a list of phones that are unlocked versions that do work on AT&T and will continue to work after February.

Unlocked phones that will work on AT&T now that 3-g is going away

If your phone is on the list of compatible devices but your sim card is very old oh, it is possible your sim card needs to be replaced.

Most people getting the replacement Android phone are quite disappointed with the quality. It's a cheap Android. If you want a better phone you can buy your own, AT&T is not required to provide you with a free phone, all they're doing is keeping you connected

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.