For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
philkrauss's profile

5 Messages

Saturday, April 6th, 2024 7:41 PM

Why can't I block robocalls by Caller ID, (not caller id number)?

Being plagued by robocalls from "rha", "RHA", and many similar rha-type robocalls, and I can't block by caller id

I receive numerous calls daily from "RHA", "rha", "Vrha", etc, etc. and have been for many months! These calls harass, but no message is ever left,(they are just checking to see whether or not the call was answered) and caller id number that appears is always different but usually in my area code of 559- I could eliminate the robocall if I could block calls by "caller ID". I expect I know the reason AT&T does not provide for this capability, because there would be no reason for you not to allow it, unless it was a contributing factor to your bottom-line profitability. I am upset because on "Google" rha" and "MANY OTHERS" are experiencing this same robocall problem with rha variants and are getting plagued like I am. Can I get support on this, or are there any other phone services that I might contact that might offer an alternative? {It's like someone throwing a rock through your window at random, multiple times - forever! And, you know it's coming, you just don't know when.......} This is on my AT&T land line.  If you read this, thanks ..... Phil

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

25 days ago

Spoofed numbers and names are common practice anymore. You can either wait them out and not answer them or get a phone with a good call blocker and use call screening so they don't get through. Or something like this

(edited)

5 Messages

23 days ago

Thanks for your reply.

I have a subscription to NOMOROBO call blocking service, plus, I use the "CPR Call Blocker 5000", which has done a great job and is highly rated.

The problem is the inability to block calls by Caller ID "NAME". I cannot find a call app or retail call blocker or a call service that will block the "name". (As the caller ID "number" is always different, because it is "spoofed", blocking it is of no use.)

The phone company "could" allow blocking of the caller ID "Name", but they do not offer that capability.

Thanks, again for the information...... Phil

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

23 days ago

The link provided claims to block by name.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.