For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
skopos's profile

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

Friday, February 10th, 2023 2:49 AM

vtect LS6204 handset

I ordered a used / preowned VTEC LS6204 from ebay.  the unit with a fresh battery displays "searching for base"

After several attempts to de register and re register the unit the results are nil, unit does not flinch from "searching for base" display.

Can this even be done ? to register a unit that shows searching for base ?

I know this unit is out of support from VTEC so I'm reaching out the the community  to see if anyone has this experience or knows how I can use the handset. I have the LS 6245 base and one handset which works perfectly. I'm simply trying to add another handset for another room.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

From another forum also found the same on a couple other sites, which is method one of what was originally proviced. 

Answer #1 as copied below is the ticket.* Should you have have a handset left from a former base, it must be deregistered as described before it can be registered at all. One does NOT need to deregister all the handset and start over.
* to deregister a single handset: *331734# and press (Menu Key# 1 - top uppermost left button that is unmarked).

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

Your handset is registered to another base, try one of these proven methods to force a deregister of your handset, than reregister as your manual tells you. 

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

previous post response required a "menu" option on my handset but the phone seems locked the searching for base mode and won't allow the menu window to appear.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

You don't put it in the base you do as instructed in the idle mode. Did you read and try any of the methods?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

I'm not going to jump back and forth between two topics, keep everything in your original topic or wait for someone else. 

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

sorry about any confusion,  I could really use your help. I'll try and keep all posts on this page. one topic.

the ls6204 doesn't have a menu / idle mode because

its not able to move out of the searching for base mode.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

Take it out of the charger, if that's what it's in, remove the battery for a minute or so than try one of the methods without putting it in the base or the charger, once it's deregistered follow the normal registration process. Don't push any buttons the instructions don't list. 

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

all of the methods require use of the "menu" option. this particular unit does not have this option until its registered.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

You push the button that will be the menu it doesn't have to state it.

Contributor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

None of these proven methods seem to work. I disconnect the battery for 10 sec. then plug it back in, wait for the phone to turn on and start the procedures as listed. the handset does not seem to respond to any of these options, the audible tone is all I get from pressing any buttons. I've tried holding down the menu button during the process as well as just pressing each button one at a time. I've tried entering the numbers immediately after plugging in the battery even though the handset isn't powered up and I've tried with the handset fully powered. nothing seems  to be kickstarting this handset. Any other options you might know about for this particular handset  ?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.