For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
S

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 10:46 PM

Att Home phone service down, Internet works

Sometime two days ago, our home phone service went out. I rebooted the router, didn't work.

According to ATT, no outages, everything is working fine.

I then chatted with someone, and they attempted to some things on their end. Didn't work.

Their final suggestion was a complete reset of the router, which I did. The phone service came back! But, it was only for 5-10 minutes before it dropped again. At that point, I had already finished my chat.

I tried a complete reset of the modem again, but this time the phone service didn't come back, and according to the admin it isn't even attempting to register the line.

Hardware is BGW210-700

After my last reset, the phone line does not show as registered in the admin, and it apparently hasn't even attempted to register it. I've tried getting it to register at http://192.168.1.254/cgi-bin/voiceconfig.ha but it appears to do nothing:

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can do on my end?

I will probably have to call/chat in to try and fix this, but I want to make sure I've done everything I can possibly do to fix the issue before I do.

One more note, the phone is directly connected to the router. There are no DSL filters because no phones are hooked up to any wall jacks. Had a problem with a bad filter awhile back, so I re-organized the phones to avoid having to worry about it.

One other question I have:

Will the phone service activate if nothing is plugged into the phone port? (I imagine it should, but I want to make sure).

EDIT:

I also tried restarting the line from the main page and I get a "Voice Line failed to restart" and no registration are attempts are shown as in the above image.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

6 months ago

Have you tried to simply unplugging it from the power for 30 seconds or so to reset it rather than using other reset steps? Other than that, sounds like you've done all you can on your end. 

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

Yeah, I've reset it pretty much every way I could, up to a full "factory" reset.

I'm waiting on a call from Tier 2 support, so I hope I can finally get this fixed.

At least the internet is still working so I can entertain myself in the meantime!

1 Message

6 months ago

Okay, this is EXACTLY what is going on with my phone at the moment. Any updates, @stoolio?

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

So, I had three chats with ATT via their website. The first chat was just basic troubleshooting, which ended with a factory reset of the router (red button on back for 15 seconds). It worked and I ended the chat. A test phone call was made etc. About 10 minutes later it was out again.

My next chat I was able to explain I had done all the basics, but the agent said they were having authorization issues and they set-up the Tier 2 callback. I waited for the call, but it never came. Later found out they did call, my non-working home number...

My third chat I was very motivated to get to the bottom of it. The agent was very helpful, and she was able to do something on her end that fixed the issue. It did cut out again, but it was only a blip and whatever resets/tweaks/etc she was able to do stuck.

If you're having the same issues, particularly no registration attempts like the picture in my first post, you need to get in contact with ATT (via chat or phone) and they probably need to reset something on their end. You can try to reboot (unplug-wait-plug back in) and factory reset on your end in the meantime (make sure to note any changes you've made to Wifi name/pass etc if you do).

I prefer chat as the wait has been less than 10 minutes at most, highly recommended. You'll want to be logged into your account when you initiate the chat.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.