For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Wynotcm's profile

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, December 13th, 2022 11:38 AM

AT&T Boxes in a Public Right Away

Hello, 

My husband and I are in the process of building a garage off our alley. We’ve now noticed that the boxes are in the public right away to access the alley. Who do I contact to have them moved over from the public right away?

Thanks,

Courtney

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

they are in a utility easement you would be responsible for any costs associated with relocating them which could run upwards of 20k

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I understand there's an easement. However, from what I'm being told from the city it's as if they're located in the middle of the street. They can't block a public right away. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

Photos? The city or county governing authority are the ones who control the size and placement of easements, not AT&T

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Is there a group within AT&T I could speak with on my options on getting this moved?

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

1 year ago

Your local government would be able to give you guidance since they are the ones that determine where Utility Easements can be and are located.

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

They keep telling me it’s AT&T I have to work with. I just need a contact number for AT&T department over this so I can discuss everything. 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

Well, there is no such contact number. Dumb I know but everything for residential service goes through the main customer service number. Equally dumb is your local officials trying to put the burden on you to do what they control and have the contacts and forms to do what you're asking. You can try posting in the business forum which you have to re-register as it's a totally separate forum. Once there under "Business Apps and Solutions" you'll find "Construction and Engineering", don't know if they can help or not. If that doesn't work write the office of the president, address of corporate headquarters can be found online. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

1 year ago

So let's get this straight, your local government is making YOU responsible to move a utility that is on a PUBLIC right of way?

I think I'd be questioning the competency of those government employees.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

1 year ago

My limited view point…

If the local government office(s) believe ATT should not be there, they would be contacting ATT.

As they are not, your option is to request the equipment to be relocated at YOUR expense.

This was not an issue till you decided to build a garage requiring alley access.

Reconsider placement or be willing to pay.

Just my thoughts…

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.