For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Sixpackmcquack's profile

1 Message

Monday, February 26th, 2024 6:08 PM

Getting old phone service cable removed from exterior of house

I have an old At&t phone cable that is connected to my house and since it's no longer in use and is a nuance because of how low it hangs it would like it removed entirely. A phone agent I spoke to said I could remove it myself, but that doesn't seem in line with what I've read elsewhere. Can a tech come and properly remove it?

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

2 months ago

800-288-2020 to report a LOW HANGING drop, receive a future scheduled appointment date with a (4) hour arrival window such as 8-12, 12-4, 4-8.

You need to be present during that time, once tech is on site to raise the drop you can ask if they would just remove the drop if not being used.

The box on the house (NID) would not be removed as leaves holes that could result in potential future damage from bugs and moisture. You would need to remove that and seal the holes. 

Note, if not at home during the appointment, the tech could indicate no access and not perform any work. 

edit… zip code?

There are many areas of the country where ATT is no longer the provider in which case you need to contact the local telco provider for your area which could be CenturyLink (Lumen), Frontier, TDS, Verizon, WindStream, etc.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.