For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
MPS_Clearwater's profile

• 

5 Messages

Monday, April 10th, 2023 7:43 PM

CID not working on CLP99486 and DLP73410

We have had the ATT CLP99486 since 2016 and the CID worked.  A couple of weeks ago it stopped displaying the callers phone number and just said UNKNOWN.  I purchased a newer ATT model - DLP73410 thinking that would solve the problem but it didn't.  The new model didn't even show UNKNOWN - just the callers name and blank space where the phone number should be.

I have tried all of these troubleshooting tips on my new DLP73410 and nothing has helped:

I have Spectrum Voice for my landline and it is working properly - it displays the callers Name and Phone number on my TV. 

I rebooted the Modem and the Router and it didn't make any difference.

I changed the phone cord from a regular phone cord to an ETL listed and verified cable and instead of displaying a blank where the phone number should be it started displaying UNKNOWN.  Which is what my previous model did when it stopped working.  So, changing the phone cable did do something, but unfortunately it is still no help. 

Please help! 

Thank You.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

The caller ID information comes from your provider, report it to Spectrum. 

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

spoom2 - As I stated in my post, my Spectrum CID is working fine.  It displays a name and a number on the TV when a call comes in. 

It is the ATT cordless telephone/answering systems that have the problem. (CLP99486 - which worked fine since 2016, and the new one I just bought DLP73410).

But, since I have been spinning my wheels trying to figure this out, I called Spectrum.  And just as I thought, the Spectrum Rep I spoke with said that this problem has nothing to do with them since the CID is displayed correctly on our TV and in our online account. They said have nothing to do with the customers individual answering systems.

But, thank you anyway for trying.  So, I guess I'm back to spinning my wheels.

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

NOTE:  I also contacted ATT online support with this problem.  I tried what they said to do and it did not work either.  I will call them tomorrow and if they can solve the problem I will post it here.  Their response is below:

Thank you for taking the time to send us an email.

We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your DLP73410.

If the phone is not responding normally, you may need to reset your telephone system. Complete the following steps to reset the telephone system:

Step 1: Disconnect the power to the telephone base.
Step 2: Disconnect the handset battery(s).
Step 3: Wait a few minutes and reconnect the power to the telephone base.
Step 4: Reconnect the handset battery(s).
Step 5: Wait about one minute for the handset to re-establish a link with the telephone base, then test the phone again.
NOTE: After resetting the telephone system, you will need to reset the clock. To reset the clock:
Step 1: Press MENU/SELECT when the handset is not in use.
Step 2: Press ▼or▲ select Set date/time and press MENU/SELECT.
Step 3: Use the dialing keys (0-9) to enter the month (MM), date (DD), and year(YY). Then press MENU/SELECT.
Step 4: Use the dialing keys (0-9) to enter the hour (HH) and minute (MM). Then, press CID▼ or DIR▲ to choose AM or PM.
Step 5: Press MENU/SELECT to save .

Alternatively, feel free to contact our Consumer Sales and Service Center at your earliest convenience. We can be reach at 1-800-595-9511 between the hours of 7:00 am - 4:00 pm Pacific Time, Mondays through Fridays.

When you dial 1-800-222-3111, press 1 twice for technical support. You will be asked to provide your model number. Please enter 73410 then pound (#). Once you have entered the model number, follow the voice prompts and enter the option for product support to reach a live representative.

Thank you,
AT&T Consumer Sales and Service Center

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

Good luck. The FSK code that delivers the caller ID is not regulated so the code sent by some carriers is not pure enough for some phones. The fact that yours worked and now it doesn't means something in your carrier changed. Forget it's displaying on the TV that doesn't mean it's a pure enough signal for your phone. All cable companies will deny this but it's a fact they don't follow the Bellcore FSK standard.

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

spoom2 - You are absolutely right!  Spectrum is the problem.  I called them again, and this time I spoke with a higher technical rep.  He said they discovered the problem a few weeks ago and their engineers have been working on it.  It is a bug in the modem that we have (Model ET2251).  It sure would have saved me a lot of money and grief if they had notified the customers :(

But, thank you very much for your help! 

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 year ago

I'm surprised they admitted it. Thanks for letting us know. 

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

The Spectrum modem EN2251 solved the problem.  The modem looks exactly like the ET2251 but obviously there is a difference.  My CID is now working!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.