For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
janet2466's profile

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 10th, 2024 12:23 PM

Caller ID adds the 1 and drops the last digit of the phone number in the voicemail for our business

Our company recently switched from Spectrum to AT&T Fiber for our internet and landlines.  Since the switch, when checking voicemail, the system reads the number to you starting with the 1 and drops the last digit of the phone number.  If the customer does not leave their number in the message, you don't know the complete number.  For example, if the phone number is 919-987-6543, the caller ID registers the phone number as 191-998-7654.  This only started when we switched to AT&T.  I have reached out to the company that services/programs our phones and they said it was an AT&T issue.  I have called your support and they do not know how to fix this.  This is a major problem for us.  How can this be fixed?

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

1 month ago

I see a few things. One this is the residential forum you can find the Business Forum here. Second, You say your voicemail, you don't say if it's the phone company provided voicemail or your phone systems voicemail. I assume the system since you say you've had people out to check the programing. Lastly you don't provide make and model of your KSU/PBX, there are many systems out there. Since you've switched from one digital service to another, it is possible there's an option in the multi port ATA supplied to feed your phone system, this could easily be proved by putting a CID box on a couple of your line prior to them going into your phone system to see what AT&T is giving you. To me this sounds like a programing issue in your system that needs changed because AT&T is giving you a different format than your old carrier did.

2 Messages

1 month ago

You are right.  I was rather vague.  But thank you for the info.  It's definitely somewhere to start.  Have a great day!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.