For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
MikeHoncho1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 19th, 2019 8:25 PM

Google Pixel 3a

I am thinking of buying the Google Pixel 3a. Does AT&T support this unlocked device like it does the regular Pixel? Such VoLTE calling and the same data speeds on postpaid plans?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@MikeHoncho1 wrote:

I am thinking of buying the Google Pixel 3a. Does AT&T support this unlocked device like it does the regular Pixel? Such VoLTE calling

One of our Aces is checking one out this weekend.  His comments so far are that it’s not yet white listed, so you might want to hold off.  

and the same data speeds on postpaid plans?   Data speed is not determined by the phone.   Data speed is a function of tower output, and in the case of some plans, reprioritization.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

From what I understand (and could be wrong), if it's not an AT&T branded phone it doesn't get the same data speeds. Like how prepaid is slower than postpaid. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

5 years ago

@MikeHoncho1 wrote:

From what I understand (and could be wrong), if it's not an AT&T branded phone it doesn't get the same data speeds. Like how prepaid is slower than postpaid. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Say what?  Lte is lte.  The pixel 3a gets the same data speeds as my iPhone X's max or pixel 3xl.   

But wifi calling does not work and volte is spotty at best.  This is a whitelist problem.  I had wifi calling and volte for 2 hours till the system caught it.  Still a great phone.  But you can find a pixel 3 or 3xl discounted it's a better choice as both wifi calling and volte work.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@MikeHoncho1 wrote:

Nope.  I have all non carrier phones, all get the same speed as any other compatible phone.  That speed is determined by local towers. 

Land prepaid is not slower, it is prioritized after postpaid.  That means when congested prepaid slows first.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Please let me know if you get any more info on how well it works. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have the 3A XL and it performs great with one HUGE exception.  No one (including my local AT&T store) can get voicemail to work.  It worked fine on the Galaxy S5 I had prior.  If someone has a solution, I'd be very grateful.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@KMRRPDX wrote:

I have the 3A XL and it performs great with one HUGE exception.  No one (including my local AT&T store) can get voicemail to work.  It worked fine on the Galaxy S5 I had prior.  If someone has a solution, I'd be very grateful.

Down load At&t visual voicemail app.  It works well on all my non AT&T androids 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

So it's now October 2019 and I just bought an unlocked Google Pixel 3a.  Does AT&T support WiFi calling for the Pixel 3a?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

5 years ago

@Pixel3a_Guy wrote:

So it's now October 2019 and I just bought an unlocked Google Pixel 3a.  Does AT&T support WiFi calling for the Pixel 3a?

The word is it is ‘inconsistent’ on the 3a and 3a XL.  Perhaps your phone will be a success.  It was rock solid on the pixel 3 xl

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Hmm, not sure I want to jump to AT&T's $300 8GB prepaid plan unless I'm certain (not very good reception inside my house).  Per a chat tonight with AT&T tech support, the Pixel 3a "is compatible with WIFI calling, in order to enable this feature it is necessary to update with some patches".  They offered to help with the "patches" - but of course only after I signed up with AT&T...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.