For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get the myAT&T app
lindros2's profile

Teacher

• 

106 Messages

Thursday, November 2nd, 2023 2:36 AM

Cannot 'Upgrade to Wi-Fi Calling' (NumberSync/Calls on Other Devices BROKEN on iOS 17)

So I've been dealing with this for SIX YEARS, so I do not need boilerplate "I understand..." answers.

In the past week, I cannot activate WIFI CALLING ON OTHER DEVICES (iPad, Mac). 

It ONLY works "when nearby", which is just trash Bluetooth calling. 

I have:

1. Restarted phone 15x (and restarted other devices; took them off wifi; turned everything off)

2. Called AT&T, spoke to support for 45 minutes, disabled Wi-Fi calling, re-enabled Wi-Fi calling.

3. Did same for NumberSync for Apple.

4. Reset Network Settings on my phone (what a nightmare that will be in the future)

5. Replaced the entire eSIM (again this will be a future nightmare)

NOTE - my WATCH can make calls without connection to my phone - but all OTHER 'NumberSync' (Wi-Fi calling) devices CANNOT. 

Apple points finger at AT&T (carrier). AT&T points finger at Apple.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

6 months ago

I have no issues whatsoever using WiFi-C on my iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, or AppleWatch. My iPad and AppleWatch are not cellular so I've never had to use NumberSync. As long as my iPhone and other devices are on the same WiFi network it all works. iOS 17.1, MacOS 13.6.1.

(edited)

Teacher

• 

106 Messages

6 months ago

@OttoPylot how does this possibly help?

”you have a problem I don’t so it’s your fault.”

I have 50 screenshots on what it should do, and now what it's not doing.

My wife and kids accounts - running earlier iOS - are unaffected.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

5 months ago

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 14 Pro. I have 3 other phones 14 pro max 15 pro and 14 plus and these phones work just with WiFi calling. It does not make sense I have the same settings on all of my iPhones running iOS 17.2. I called att tech support the person on the phone was no help.

Thanks

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.