Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need your talk or text logs?
eynow111's profile

Participant

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 3:14 AM

Sporadically my texts not getting thru to tmobile recipient

My device - at&t provided Samsung 22+

Using Google messaging and do not have it marked to send sms/messages only. Messaging shows I am sending RCS message now. 

My texts are sometimes not getting to a tmobile customer. Scenarios seen...

- group text with 1 tmobile, 2 att customers. I send multiple texts in a row

Tmobile cust gets some but not all of my txt.  Att custs get all of my texts.

- single text to att cust shows sent on my device but never received on tmobile phone. 

- call and talk to person, send test text and it goes thru fine

- couple days later I send 3 texts within couple minutes,  last one gets thru first two do not make it thru to tmobile cus. No one else on text.

- next day send two pictures and one row of text. Only first picture makes it thru to tmobile customer. 

Any idea what can cause some texts not to reach recipient even though shows as sent?

5 Messages

3 months ago

I have been playing with this texting issue for over a month now.

My wife upgraded to the S24+ because her old phone was no longer getting updates. We thought that no updates was the problem, but it was not. 

Why does the new Samsung Phone come with the Samsung msg app and the Google msg app? Is Samsung's msg app being disco'd?

Is the problem between AT&T - T Mobile driven by the Samsung msg app?

I just put the Google msg app on both of our phones. Did a test with a T Mobile customer and it worked.

I would love to receive communication from the AT&T Support Team on what AT&T Samsung Phone Customers should be using for a message app.

5 Messages

3 months ago

I just went back and looked at the first "post" on this link.

That AT&T customer was using the Google msg app in January with issues. For now I will use the Google msg app since it appears to be working with my friends/family who are T Mobile Customers.

I still feel that AT&T Tech Support should look into this and let AT&T customers know how to move forward with the Samsung or Google APPs.

1 Message

3 months ago

I have had this issue for months.  Today AT&T had me turn off Advanced Messaging in settings on my S22. It seemed to fix the problem so far.  I wonder if this is a Samsung issue.

3 Messages

3 months ago

I will test the advanced messaging fix and update everyone. It's ridiculous that we have to jump through Hoops for this.

4 Messages

3 months ago

Im trying the advanced messaging fix as well.. But again.. We shouldn't have to sacrifice a feature to fix a different issue.  They should be the ones looking into it and finding a permanent solution. 

8 Messages

3 months ago

@KittyJamKeys 

• It does have read receipts. I didn't think it did at first either but then I realized that is what the check marks mean next to the message. One check mark means it was sent, 2 check marks mean it was delivered, then, when the two check marks turn blue, it means it has been read.
  • I hope it's working for everyone. So far so good! I've been texting my sister for almost constantly and every message has gone through.! I will be sure to let anybody know if anything changes

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

The google messages is working great for me so far too. Thank you!

(edited)

8 Messages

3 months ago

@cindyb104 , I'm so glad! I think I actually like it a little better

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Me too!

5 Messages

3 months ago

Hello Everybody . . . . .

I just spent 30 minutes with Samsung Support via Chat and have been informed that this issue is with the Samsung Messenger APP.

Samsung is aware of the issue(s) and are working on an solution.

The Samsung msg APP is "not" being discontinued (per what I was told 10 minutes ago). I asked if any communication of the issues have been posted, the response was  - - "no".

As a "long term" customer of AT&T as well as Samsung Phones I am disappointed that I have "not" received any communication.  This has been a problem for months now.

Next steps: switched to the Google msg APP.  I will wait for an update on my phone and then decide whether or not to go back to the Samsung msg APP.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.