Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
salazara's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2019 1:06 PM

Sign in to network messege

For the last few days I haven´t been able to use my data service, and a messege keeps poping up saying "Sign in to network" the icon is a signal bar with a question mark in front. I have restarted my phone several times, but the message keeps showing up. 

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

That means the phone is connecting to a captive Wi-Fi network like the ones in coffee shops, Internet cafes, hotels, and airports. If you want to connect to it, you need to tap the icon and sign in. Otherwise, turn off your Wi-Fi and you'll be able to connect to mobile data.

• 

2 Messages

no this does not work

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The icon pops up even when the phone its conected to a Wi-Fi network, and when this is not the case, I can´t use my data service. 

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

That means the phone is connecting to a captive Wi-Fi network. If you can't connect to the Internet without Wi-Fi, then your real problem is your mobile data isn't working. Go to https://www.att.com/support/ts/wireless/Troubleshoot&Resolve and sign in to find out why your data isn't working or call AT&T for tech support.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.