For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
SoDope's profile

9 Messages

Friday, October 6th, 2023 5:14 PM

Not able to send/receive texts to/from iPhone(s) from my android

So for a few weeks now, I have not received text messages from iPhones. Also, iPhones are not receiving my texts. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S9 on the AT&T network. I also switched over to my S9+ to make sure it wasnt an issue with the phone itself. It was not. The problem seems to be with all iPhones regardless of the network they are on or the model. The issue appears to have begun at midnight on a Saturday. I'm thinking maybe it's a sim card problem. I absolutely dread dealing with customer service and don't have time to go into the store. Any one have a similar issue? Any suggestions on a resolution would be appreciated. I've already tried all the troubleshooting tips and tools offered by the AT&T help pages. I'm tired of using stupid ad riddled wi-fi text apps to get messages out to iPhones. Please help!

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

7 months ago

I would file the complaint with the BBB. That's goes to Corporate and someone from the Office of the President will contact you. That way you can discuss the matter directly with a Senior Manager who has the resources and authority to handle issues like this. It's not a guarantee that they will be able to fix it but that's as high up in AT&T as a customer can go. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.3K Messages

7 months ago

If the iPhones have not been set up properly to send and receive with their phone number, they would not get your text messages.

In other words it's not you. It's the iPhones

9 Messages

7 months ago

Normally I would try and place the blame entirely on iPhones as I am an android fan. However, I am pretty sure this particular problem lies somewhere in the my network, probably an issue with my sim card. I say this because everyone I know who owns an iPhone, we are talking multiple different phones on multiple different networks who can still send and receive messages to/from other android devices. It would appear it is only me who is having the problem. And since I have swapped devices thinking the problem was in my phone itself and that made no difference Im now convinced that the issue must be with my sim. Still waiting for word from AT&T. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

7 months ago

@SoDope  It is a problem between Apple and AT&T, probably more on the AT&T side of things. We are a family of iPhones, as are most of our friends, and we do not have that issue. Using iMessage to send messages to and from our Android friends works as expected, albeit a bit slower especially if the message contains video but it does go thru. We did have that issue, along with not being able to get 2FA messages a couple of years ago. New SIM cards, resetting the phones, resetting the network settings, having Apple check the phone settings etc, did not help. We eventually had to get AT&T Corporate involved and they found some corrupted settings on our account. I'm not saying that this will correct your issue because it could be something different but it did work in our case and we've not seen that problem since with any of our iPhones across different models and iOS's.

9 Messages

7 months ago

@OttoPylot thank you for taking the time to address my issue. Hopefully I won't have to go all the way up the ladder on this but atleast there's a direction to go in should my local ATT store (which I intend to visit today) not have a viable solution for my issue. Thanks again, have a great day!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.3K Messages

7 months ago

@SoDope  Don't expect to get any solid help from your local store, especially if the store is an Authorized AT&T Retail Store. Those stores just sell AT&T goods and services, are not owned/operated by AT&T, and they do not have AT&T employees. Some have questionable business practices as well. Both stores look exactly the same on the inside. A Corporate Store probably won't be able to help you either. These issues usually take someone from engineering/IT to fix, which is way beyond what the CS Agents can do and certainly above what salespeople in stores can do as well.

9 Messages

7 months ago

@OttoPylot any chance u have a number or know of another way of contacting whomever I need to contact to resolve this issue?

9 Messages

7 months ago

@OttoPylot thanks for your help. I'll update my post if/when I resolve. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.