For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Destiny5905's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 4th, 2015 1:49 PM

Closed

Messages from 1-410-*** and 1-410-100-***

I have received two messages from these number this morning tell me I won 375.00. I knew this was a scam but what do i do about it?

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Have posts on Craigslist and now receiving texts from 1(410)100-003. These are the same texts we receive on emergency calls for the fire dept. Looks similar but curious why this texting is on the same system, There is also a name with googlemail.com to email back.

Would like to know if there is a difference or this is a scam? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

This is the number prefix block that I see when I have messages texted to my cell via e-mail (and probably how some places like your fire department send them that way too).

If messages are sent to myphonenumber@txt.att.net they come from that 1410100xyz number, with xyz increasing by 1 with each message.  

I'm not saying that's how all message get to that number but all of mine seem to be via e-mail...

I've gotten these starting with the prefix 1210 too. (I don't think that's an area code of 410, they come through differnet on my phone than actual phone numbers).

Gary

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I received text from same number telling me Debi Lynn Connor wanted to give me and my family $800,000.00 to celebrate HER birthday with a yahoo email adress to respond to. Not going to answer , deleting number, don't want to chance getting hacked or worse robbed of my identity. just as others the happened after I had my number listed with the EMS for a heart monitor.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

My wife got a strange message from 1-410 that when I tried to explain the form of the script to this board because I did not recognize the characters or the language became obvious.   This may happen to some of you too.

I found that the first character was like an upside down question mark.  Then I found that the next character was an "r" followed by another upside down question mark followed by a "w".  It then dawned on me that this was my e-mail address.  I forwarded this message to my e-mail and the upside down question marks disappeared and were replaced by a strange z with a mark above it like an e in French.  I copied this entire message to Word and then used find for the "z character" by copying the single character into the Find screen and then replacing it with nothing.   I hit replace all and had the message my wife had attempted to forward to me. 

I wish I had discovered this some time ago because I had just thrown these away as indecipherable.  Now, I know the code, but have no idea why she received this bizarre message when she had tried to forward the original message from her inbox to my e-mail.  I also never received the original message that she tried to forward and when I attempted to reforward it from her phone, she got another one of these apparently indecipherable strange tongue messages.  Does anyone here have anything else to add?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I got one the other day saying my netflix account was going to be shut off if I did not make my payment. I had to go back and look to see if my payment had been made. 410-100-*** threw me off as well. 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

“FRM:6160-Fedex-Tm 
MSG:lmtsu-Your package was returned to repository, because we 
couldn't contact you. Reschedule https://m61cfeedex.com/???…”

Not posting the correct link, but this phone # is still trying to scam people. Stay safe. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

1 month ago

@forgiva   This thread is 7 years old and will be closed.

Please start a new thread if you have questions or concerns.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.