For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
SAPROTC's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, April 26th, 2013 4:03 AM

Is their any possible way for my parents to view my sent or recieved Text or Picture (MMS) messages?

Hello, regarding this topics title, no I do not wish to know this in regards to the new problem with 'S exting'. This is just out of general curiosity. Is their any possible way that my parents who pay for my phone are able to view my sent or recieved messages (Text and MMS)

Are there any programs I should be aware of?

Are they able to be viewed via ATT online?

Anything whatsoever?

Thank you in advance and please be honest. (This does not include being able to see them through a court order or federal mandate)

Thank you!

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

11 years ago

They can check their online account and see the phone numbers and dates and times that the texts or MMS were sent and received but not the content of them. 

If you have a smartphone, there may be apps out there, where they can monitor what you're sending and receving but I don't know too much about those, even though I have read about them.

Other than that, they would have to physically look at your phone. If you aren't sending or receiving anything you shouldn't be sending, then what are you worried about? Your parents have every right to monitor your texts and MMS if they're concerned for you.  

Mentor

• 

60 Messages

11 years ago

If you're using iMessage and your apple id is signed onto another apple device all messages sent and received will be pushed to all other apple devices that your apple ID is signed onto. That is the only way I know that someone else can get your messages. Other than that, no, what Dcookie said is correct, only numbers and times are visible on the bill or online. (but numbers are very easy to check out, for free, on the internet. If the number comes back to a name, all bets are off. The internet is a VERY BIG place and VERY FREE. If you don't want it known keep it in your head. 😉

Professor

• 

1.5K Messages

11 years ago

@FallenAnjel wrote:
Other than that, no, what Dcookie said is correct, only numbers and times are visible on the bill or online.

Not quite. There ARE INDEED 3rd party programs that allow for this sort of monitoring. Said software solutions exist for both Android and iOS platforms (I'm not too sure as to whether or not any exist for WinPhone 7.x/8).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

How do I check to see what numbers my husband is calling and texting

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

How or where do I check to find those numbers

Expert

• 

12.2K Messages

10 years ago

@melissa1984 wrote:
How or where do I check to find those numbers

If you have account privliges on the att account you can long in and check them on the att website, if you don't then you can't. If your husband is using a iphone then nothing will show up on the att site if the targets of the texts are apple users, those go through the apple Imessage servers as data

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.