Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 21, 2020 8:02 PM

international texting

Hi, I have unlimited data plan that says I can send international texts to 120 countries. I texted to Kyrgyzstan - country code 996 mobile city code 555 and the number itself has 6 digits like 123456 . my texts were not received, when I checked my usage log I found out that instead of sending it to 996-555-123456- the texts were forwarded to 996-551-3456. meaning that number was cut to US 10 digit format and not delivered. can you help me? how to prevent this error?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

4 weeks ago

I think you missed the + or 011

To a country outside of the U.S.: Press + or 011 on your phone’s keypad, then the country code and local number.

To the U.S. from another country: Press +1, then the area code and local number. For example, +1.212.555.3456.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

thank you, i actully tried sevral ways including 011 still the number is cut to 10 digit us format.