Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
drios402's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, August 3rd, 2015 5:19 PM

familymap

on my iphone when i locate my daughter it gives me the wrong time where shes at?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hey @drios402

I’d be happy to help with your Family Map usage! The time being displayed may be the last time the device was located in that specific area. Is this happening during every location attempt?

Thanks,

Charise

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

No it's like 3 hours after

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

For example it does not give me the current time of location. It gives me three hours before.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have seen this with my own account. There are a couple of reason this may occur, the first being a lost signal ( which may result if the phone was turned off, or out of signal range, basement, etc), normally under those conditions it tends to report the most recent location that the phone was last located usually within the last 30 min. (approx). 

My issue was a combination of this and the fact that my time zone was different to the area the phone was in. This can be checked and corrected under the "manage account" in the upper right area of the webpage after you have logged into Familymap. I would check this first, particularly if from the time you check compare to local time is off by increments of an hour or 2 hours, etc. 

If it is an hour and 10 minutes, then its likely a combination of the two stamentents above.

Wil

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

No that is not the issue
I've looked there's no way to fix it has nothing to do with managing account or time zone.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.