For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need your talk or text logs?
Kfletch's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 22nd, 2015 6:13 PM

Enabling Delivery report

I have the samsung galaxy s3, and have had issues with texts being delivered. That is frustrating enough that the service I pay for doesn't work reliably. I want to be able to enable delivery reports on my SMS messages, but that option doesn't exist on my att phone. It is very frustrating that some of my important messages are not being delivered and I don't even have a way to check. Why are delivery reports (NOT read receipts) not enabled on att? Is there anything I can do to enable them?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @Kfletch

I’m sorry to hear your messaging has not been functioning reliably! I’d be happy to help! Is this an issue which has been occurring in all locations or a specific location such as at home or work? SMS service should be very reliable, given a sufficient service level. We’d be happy to look into this for you. Can you please try sending a text to 151 with the word “TEST”? You should receive a reply almost immediately, testing the messaging service.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@ATTMobilityCare This is an issue I have everywhere. I ask if someone says they received a message and they didn't, but sometimes they do. So I'm never sure if they actually get it. I tried the 151 thing and it worked, but what I was really asking is if I can enable delivery reports some how on my S3, I don't understand why these would be disabled when it is a really helpful function. That is really what I need to know. I just want to enable Delivery Reports but there isn't that option anywhere on the phone, and I wanted to see if that was a carrier issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.