Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
Kdouglas74's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 20th, 2015 6:29 PM

Cant connect on facebook with wifi

Why cant anyone from at&t fix this issue. I pay them a ton of money for internet which i can not use wifi with facebook. I think i need to drop them and find a different provider they suck!!!!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.5K Messages

9 years ago

ATT provide your internet service, at what speed?
How old is the modem and router?
Where is it placed?
Are you accessing from computer?
Tablet via Facebook app?
Or cell phone via Facebook app?
Can you play YouTube or other videos?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

9 years ago

Why exactly do you think this is an ATT problem? As @lizdance40 suggests, there are many potential reasons, very few of which would be your ISP's problem, whoever it might be. If you would like to explain exactly what your setup is, someone here might be able to help you.

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@Kdouglas74 wrote:
Why cant anyone from at&t fix this issue. I pay them a ton of money for internet which i can not use wifi with facebook. I think i need to drop them and find a different provider they suck!!!!

My mother-in-law (who lives in Indianapolis, IN) can connect to facebook using her iPhone app on cellular data (from AT&T), but not from her home computer (on AT&T U-Verse).  I did a few quick Google searches and found a report that there was a known issue with facebook and some internet connecctions not working.  Is that AT&T's fault, Facebook's fault, or just a fact of life on the internet?  I tend to lean towards the third choice, but that may be because I have been using networked computers for many, many years, and I know how unstable inter-network connections can be.  In the late 1980's I could receive an email from my fiance who was in another state, but I couldn't replay to it because of an known link outage.  I would have to explicitly route my emails to her through an entirely different network connection if I wanted it to get to her.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have been having this same issue for about 3 days now. At home one my att wifi I cannot connect to Facebook on any device (PC, iPad, or iphone) via app or safari, or IE, google chrome, Firefox. Although when I turn the wifi setting off on my devices and use cellular data I can access Facebook with ease. This is really frustrating. I've reset the router at least 3 times hoping that it would fix it but still nothing on any device. Please help!!!!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

9 years ago

@jdubbiv wrote:
I have been having this same issue for about 3 days now. At home one my att wifi I cannot connect to Facebook on any device (PC, iPad, or iphone) via app or safari, or IE, google chrome, Firefox. Although when I turn the wifi setting off on my devices and use cellular data I can access Facebook with ease. This is really frustrating. I've reset the router at least 3 times hoping that it would fix it but still nothing on any device. Please help!!!!

If you look into the "#Facebookdown" hashtag on twitter, you will see that people on many different carriers in the Chicago area, Mwiwaukee/Green Bay area, Indianapolis area and Cleaveland area are all having problems connecting to Facebook, and htis has been happening for some of them since around the first of June.

It almost looks to me like someone "fat-fingered" an IP Address in a DNS update, and the TTL was set quite high, so until those bad DNS entries expire and are refreshed, then the connection will fail.  If this is accurate, then you might be able to resolve this by forcing your device to use a different DNS server like OpenDNS, Google, etc.  I live in the far northern CHicago suburbs and I haven't had any problems connecting to Facebook, but I'm not on it that much, I just connect from time to time to check out comments sent to me.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.