Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need your talk or text logs?
gabrandt's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 8th, 2014 6:45 PM

Closed

ATT Commercial Mobile Alert System

I've gotten 9 messages that are "REQUIRED MONTHLY TEST" this morning. Please fix this NOW.

wp_ss_20141208_0004.png

wp_ss_20141208_0003.pngwp_ss_20141208_0002.png

3 Attachments

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

@ocrush71 wrote:
I just got a call from AT&T urgent care stating they have found the cause of this. It is related to the current version of software on the phone.

This explains why my buddy with same phone and SIM card series has not received any as he is beta testing the newest software version.

AT&T said there will be a software update to resolve this on April 13th.

Nice, I hope that's the case

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

@seanlee13 wrote:

@ocrush71 wrote:
I just got a call from AT&T urgent care stating they have found the cause of this. It is related to the current version of software on the phone.

This explains why my buddy with same phone and SIM card series has not received any as he is beta testing the newest software version.

AT&T said there will be a software update to resolve this on April 13th.

Nice, I hope that's the case

I have not seen an update yet? Anybody else?

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I am not sure why, but soon after contacting AT&T support thru the link above, the problem stopped.  My last alert was on 3/30.  I am on an HTC One M8 on PFD program.  Thank you (I hope), AT&T.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

STILL NOT FIXED!!!!! 6 texts this morning.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I'm also having this issue, 6 alerts today alone - at least today's flurry of alerts didn't come through in the middle of the night like some of the others. 

Please fix this - very troubling... & ATT tech support has no idea.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

9 years ago

@rabert101 wrote:

I'm also having this issue, 6 alerts today alone - at least today's flurry of alerts didn't come through in the middle of the night like some of the others. 

Please fix this - very troubling... & ATT tech support has no idea.

9 today URRRGH!!!! And yes you are right everyone I have spoken to seems to have no idea

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yup, got 3 more since posting this... 😞

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm getting these same exact 'alerts' and I use T Mobile, so I doubt it has anything to do with ATT. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

So, has anyone actually had this fixed using the SIM card method?  I cannot send a private message linked above...when I hit Send it just does nothing.  What a .  I'm ready to go back to the flip phone.  Ugh.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

@palover wrote:

I'm getting these same exact 'alerts' and I use T Mobile, so I doubt it has anything to do with ATT. 

Are you using the HTC on T Mobile?  Or do you have a different brand of phone?

I've been getting these alerts since November, and have been trying to get a resolution with AT&T since February, and I keep getting the run around.  Every new support agent has the exact same questions for me, which means they're not reading any of my previous feedback, they're just reading from a computer screen script.  Then 2 days after my call, I get a text stating the issue is resolved, only to have it happen all over again.  After 11 years with AT&T, I'm jumping ship and going with Verizon.  Looking forward to the day I can have my phone volume turned on, and not having to hide my phone in the sock drawer at night so that I'm not woken up by the vibrating at 3:00 a.m... and 3:06 a.m... and 3:07 a.m... and 4:15 a.m... and 5:20 a.m...

Goodbye, AT&T!  I hope you can one day learn to listen to your customers.  I know you're already quite busy counting cash all day, but as people begin to share their experiences of your customer support (or lack thereof) with friends and family, don't be surprised to find yourself standing there wondering why everyone is leaving you. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.