For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Sarah,MS's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 12th, 2017 8:27 PM

Beyond Frustrated a 100 Times Over - Cannot Get Past Forgien Rude Call Centers for Resolution

I live in a very rural area in North Mississippi, without cell reception.  My wife is on disability, she has a very rare lung condition that can be fatal in a very short period of time.  Her condition requires reliable landline functionality for emergency evacuation conditions. I have been trying to install and have functioning phone services since December of last year, in order to move her to her home. In December, the service technition ran a wire from the road to the building, approximately a quarter mile in length, promising to return to finsh the installation. I repeatedly called AT&T to finish installation, explaining this is aheavily forested area, multiple pieces of farm equipment travels over this route to get back and forth to the shop and storage area.

After multiple call, a bushhog snapped the line.   Again, multiple calls for repair in Feb, March, and April now phone service and installation. At this point I was asking how long it took for billing to begin. In May, I received a bill well over six hundred dollars.  Now, I am calling about repair and billing. I finally reached someone who promised to remedy the solution, the resolution was over his head but he would move the issue up the chain to the line to return service and bury the line. I was told to sit on the bill and repairs until AT&T contacted me directly. I waited until the first of June to again attempt resolution, beacause not only is the phone still in diservice, but now my account is closed. There is not a record of my calls and attempts at reinstallation of service.  The only records are in accounting of a non-paid bill. I called repeatedly for service and accounting information. Now, I can only speak with outsourced call centers in the phillipines. Not only are they rude, do not have the time to waste, they cannot understand the situation because of language barriers. I have been informed that they are the boss (multiple times) of the entire AT&T conglomerate, threatened to pay my bill for service that did not exist, and they will not speak to me about anything until I pay my bill.  I have tried to call all the other numbers, but since my account was closed, I have no access.

Community Support

• 

231.9K Messages

7 years ago

Hi, we are sorry to hear about issues you are have with the landline. I understand how important it is to have a good communication available. 

To get help with your DSL or Landline services, please use one of the following:

Landline service:  https://www.att.com/contactus/index/homephone.html?tab=2

DSL service:  https://www.att.com/contactus/index/internet.html

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.