Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
CINDI71's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, September 11th, 2019 2:19 PM

at&t cordless phone & answering system - answering machine will not answer ( EL52119/52219/52919 )

New cordless phone & answering system was purchased - I need the answering machine to pick up missed calls but it will not.  I called service provider to deactivate the voicemail but the answering machine still will not pick up... after 6 rings a voice comes on with this message " the subscriber is unavailable or out of the service area" then it disconnects and no message can be left 

HELP !!!!!

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

5 years ago

An answering machine will not pick up anything, the caller has to remain online to leave a message.  Where is the message coming from after the six rings? Old voicemail or answering machine?  Have you recorded a greeting on your answering machine.   What phone service are you using?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I know if the caller hangs up the answering machine will not pick up - but when the phone rings 6 times and the machine is supposed to pick up - the message noted is what comes on the line to the caller

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

5 years ago

Are you sure the message is coming from your answering machine? Play your outgoing message to be sure, I don't think it is.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It isn't coming from the machine

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

5 years ago

Than it's coming from your dial tone provider.  Set you machine for less rings than the dial tone provider, however, that will not keep callers from getting the same message it you're on a call.  To correct that your provider has to shut the voicemail off. 

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

5 years ago

This all assumes you've set up your answering machine.  Answering machine set up starts on page 53 of the manual found here

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

They said that they turned off the voicemail already that is why I don't understand why the answering machine isn't picking up

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

5 years ago

I've given you all the information you need, you just have to follow it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.