For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
gght's profile

Scholar

• 

114 Messages

Monday, July 9th, 2012 8:31 PM

Porting Number From Uverse

This may not be an appropriate place to post this question. Has anyone ever ported a Uverse phone number to another provider. I currently have phone, Internet and TV and I want to keep the Internet and TV services but I want to port my phone number to another provider and drop the phone service. The other provider attempted the port process and at&t told them that the line needed to be converted to a "voice only" line. So, I called up at&t (3-4 times) and after talking to 4-5 reps, I was told by two reps that it shouldn't be any problem to port. The other reps didn't really know what to say.  The other provider said the line is portable. I've had the line for about twenty years and don't really want to lose the number (at this point). Any advice?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

How do I contact Alex or someone in his department?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tcommunications - Send a PM to attcustomercare using this link - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I want to port my line to a Google Voice number.... but when I enter number on Google Voice page, it says porting from this carrier is unavailable?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Now that phone numbers are portable and landline phones are digital, can we move a digital landline phone number to a cell phone?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have an old BellSouth landline that is now Uverse.  I'm trying to move it to H2O Wireless (which is an AT&T reseller).  This has been going on since November 17th and H2O keeps getting an error returned for the port request.  I'm to the point of filing a FCC complaint.  HELP

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I can't seem to figure out how to PM ATTAlexCM. I'm guessing he's no longer part of this forum. Is there anyone else to can assist with issues porting from Uverse to Tmobile?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.