For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
C

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, July 13th, 2021 7:58 AM

How to receive text on landline?

It seems AT&T Landline Texting app is long gone. How one can receive text messages on a landline these days? Asking for a friend :)

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.2K Messages

3 years ago

This feature currently exists for business lines only, not consumer.  It is a subscription service.

• 

4 Messages

@lizdance40 Thank you. That's what I was afraid of.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

3 years ago

Google your inquiry.  There are subscription services available.

• 

4 Messages

@skeeterintexas Thank you for prompt response. However, prompt does not necessary mean useful. Your assumption that I rushed to the forum without consulting uncle google first is invalid. In fact, I spent two days trying to figure it out ( maybe my google-foo is not good) and each and every time I was directed to AT&T Landline Texting app, available on ATT webpage for MacOS and Win, google store for android and Apple Store for iOS devices. Except, this app was last updated in July 2020 and since than it disappeared from google and Apple stores as well as links on ATT webpage and other pages like CNET are broken. My friend who needs it spent over two hours on ATT support call with no solution. So maybe I'm too stupid to use google properly and decided to turn to wiser man. And that's what I get.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

I found a couple (I won't include the links since that might be considered Spam) and they all required a paid subscription.  Something about you get the texts as a recording in a female voice.

They're there.  I don't know what to tell you.....

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.7K Messages

@lizdance40  I'll defer to you.  Do you have any knowledge of texting to a landline?

Shoutout to everyone who can remember their childhood phone number but can't remember the password they created yesterday.  You are my people.  😊

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

@skeeterintexas Yeah, I know it works this way on Verizon but couldn't find it on AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.