Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
carl15134's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 17th, 2015 2:28 AM

Continuous Busy Signal On Phones Preventing Outbound Calls.

When the phone is picked up there is always a busy signal preventing outbound calls. This just started today and there is no reason to believe that inbound calls are working either. Help.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.8K Messages

9 years ago

Suggestion: Unplug every phone and then plug each one back in, one by one. Check for a dial tone each time.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Here are a couple more suggestions -

How long have you had the service? It is u-verse voice?

Is it possible that the tone you hear is not a busy signal? Instead it is a stutter dial tone telling you tha a message is waiting. If it is, you can still use the phone, both outgoing & incoming.

I would disconnect the phone service at the RG by removing the plug from the tel 1/2 jack - squeeze the clip - pull gently. No need to pull hard if the squeeze is strong.

Plug a phone directly into the now empty jack. If it works the problem is in your house wiring. Can you analyze that or do you need a tech?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Dialing out has been attempted and failed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Happened to both my son's and my phones.  Each time, the answer was to "reboot the router".  In human speak, unplug the Uverse magic little box, wait a bit (a half-minute will do it), and then plug the magic little box back in.  Aren't computers fun?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Did you read & follow post 5 in this thread? The problem can apply to POTS as well as u-verse voice. It may be a short on the line.

To see if it is your house wiring. to check that connect the phone direct to the RG. Give it a chance to recognize that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.