For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
C

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 8:58 PM

adjust number of voice mail rings

I have a land line connected to an ATT Wi-Fi receiver and the voice mail answers on the first ring.
How do I extend the number of rings (or delete the vm feature)?
I've called customer service and they haven't a clue.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

4 years ago

What do you mean by the landline is connected to WIFI? Is this digital phone service (U-verse) or a wireless home phone? In either case they wouldn't be working via the WIFI.

• 

4 Messages

My phone is actually connected to the ATT Hotspot (which uses the cellular service) Guess I misspoke using the term WiFi.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

I think you're talking about a wireless home phone. Please provide the model number of the device you're talking about. I'm assuming the cord from the phone plugs directly into it.

• 

4 Messages

You are correct. Model # IFWA-40.
After 5 days and 8-10 customer service people and a lot of transferring around, I finally got to someone who knew what they were doing.
Once they got on line, it only took a couple minutes to extend the ring to 8 rings, which was enough to let my home answering machine pick up first. WHEW!
Why do simple things become hard? (Rhetorical question)
Now I need to figure how to log in to my account from another location away from home. The login and password don't exist because I don't have internet at home.
Shouldn't I be able to set up and login to an online account from any location?
Appreciate any help without calling customer service again and again.
Thanks

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

Like you we are users and not AT&T employees or representatives. So why or how you create an account I can't answer. Part of the problem I had when trying to help was trying to figure out just what you were talking about and now I see you wanted to extend your rings so your home answering machine would pick up the calls. So if those on this forum who give freely of their time can't get the correct information we sure can help find a solution. So that's my speech, now this is my input

I have a Verizon wireless home phone, up front I told them I didn't want the phone company voicemail and to turn it off, which I'm sure AT&T can also do. I have online access to my account, but I can't change options or access the feature codes, if that's what you want to do. Also this is just cell phone service and most of the voice features of a cell phone are the same for your unit, not apps, calling features. I would imagine a bit of Internet searches would fine most if not all of the feature codes for you.

• 

4 Messages

Thanks everyone who offered suggestions. I'm good now - problem solved.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.