For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
gforsythe's profile

3 Messages

Saturday, April 20th, 2024 9:00 PM

AT&T CL82407 DECT 6.0 - Will not dial out

I have a CL82407 Dect 6.0 with 4 handsets. WHen I dial out, I get a dial tone and and I can hear the tones for each number but it will not connect.

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

12 days ago

I started doubting the fact that it was the phone because upon dialing the dial tone went away and you could hear the number tones. Secondly, I could receive incoming calls just fine. I had completely forgotten about the Ooma ATA being in the line and when I reset it the problem disappeared. Thanks for your help.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.3K Messages

13 days ago

When you pick up you hear a dial tone, when you dial a digit the dial tone quits, but the call never completes?

(If the dial tone doesn't quit when you push the first digit, that's indicates something different)

Did your region recently change to 10 digit dialing?  (If you don't know, what's your area code)?

How long are you waiting for it to start ringing/busy whatever?

What kind of phone service do you have, VOIP or POTS or ...?

Do you have another phone that you can plug in to the jack instead of this phone and see if it also has the problem?

(My gut is telling me that the problem has nothing to do with the phone, but with the service. )

(edited)

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

13 days ago

If you have digital service from the cable company or another carrier where the phone plugs into a modem try resetting the modem. As stated by @JefferMC sounds like a carrier or a modem issue. The type of service you have would help. 

3 Messages

13 days ago

I have VOIP. I have an Ooma device that connects through my internet.

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

13 days ago

Reset the Ooma ATA. When you push a button does the dial tone go away or continue? You can also try another phone, as suggested. I doubt very much it's the phone. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.