Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
tye8244's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 18th, 2018 10:15 PM

Closed

Spam security calls from AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020

I'm an AT&T customer in the US. I have been getting spammed calls on my landline phone from the AT&T support number 1-800-288-2020 about some internet security problem. There is always the same robot message left on the machine. The call sounds really fake but it is from the real support number. Is it actually AT&T trying to contact me four times every day or just a spoofed number trying to scam? It really added to the confusion when I called the number directly and got to talk with a robot that sounds like it's phishing for my information.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

@wynnred If you mean the 800 number in the subject of this thread, that number is safe to call. That is ATT’s main customer support number.

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I received a letter from at&t saying that my profile for user ID (an email address ended att.net which I do not have) has been update and added SECUNDARY_PHONE. 

"If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact our Digital Assistance Center at 800.288.2020.

Definitely a SCAM

Expert

• 

19.5K Messages

2 years ago

4-year-old topic. Closing to further posting

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.