For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
scaug2017's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 27th, 2017 4:57 AM

No CS phone call recording available in case of any dispute

and do not believe everything a CS Rep promises you.

I placed an online order to get U-verse Bundle (TV, Internet & Phone) on 7/15/2017.  Following is what has happened

to my phone charges since I called AT&T Customer Service on 7/17/2017.

*  Given a sales promotion, the total for phone is $9.99 per month.  Note that this special offering ends on 7/15/2017.  

*  On Monday, 7/17/2017, I called Customer Service to see if I could continue to use the phone number the previous

resident had (a relative of mine who also had U-verse Bundle and had it disconnected at 1:00 am, 7/22/2017).

The CS Rep said that a temporary phone number would be assigned during the installation, then the phone number

I requested would be available either in the evening of the installation day, Saturday, 7/22/2017, or on Monday, 

7/24/2017.

At the end of this phone call, I confirmed with the Rep that the total of my phone charges was still $9.99 and 

the phone number switch was free of charge.  I assumed that all of this was recorded so there was no need to 

ask for a written confirmation, but I was WRONG.

*  U-verse Bundle was installed on Saturday, 7/22/2017.  

*  Around noon on Monday, 7/24/2017, the phone number I requested was on.  At 8:44 pm on the same day, AT&T

emailed me a new order confirmation with the monthly charges for phone to be $19.99.  I did not take any actions

because this was not a bill and I would wait for a real bill coming out in the next couple of days.

*  My first bill was ready online on 7/27/2017.  The total of phone charges was indeed $9.99 per month.  So I thought

everything was set.  I was WRONG again.

*  The second U-verse bill arrived last night (8/25/2017).  My monthly phone charges jumped to $19.99.  AT&T CS

Rep and his supervisor told me that I made a service change (or addition) to the phone on 7/17/2017 so the rate

had to be adjusted accordingly.  I asked this supervisor to listen to the phone call recording on 7/17/2017 regarding

this issue.  She said that there was nothing she could do for me even she listened to the recording.  As soon as

I heard that I knew most likely there was just no recording at all.

I have no written proof on the promises the first Rep made on 7/17/2017.  Any suggestions on getting this issue

resolved soon?

Community Support

• 

231.7K Messages

7 years ago

Hi, we apologize for the issues with our promotions. Please message us the account and contact information so we can help get it corrected for you. 

Matt P 

Social Media Manager 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.