For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
peachesmcpowell's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 25th, 2018 9:14 PM

How to Change Number to Which Validation Code Is Sent

I am trying to set up a MyAT&T account.  The validation code is being sent to my phone number (I don't have text or voicemail on the phone), so I want to have the validation code sent to an email address or cell phone.

I have spent an hour being routed to various customer service representatives.  It's really pathetic how many times I was told I was going to be connected to someone who could help me, only to find that I was sent back to the original menu and the general customer service 800 number.

It seems like such a simple question.

Community Support

• 

231.6K Messages

6 years ago

Good afternoon @peachesmcpowell we want to apologize for the inconvenience, Now we are going to let you know how you can set up your AT&T Email as fast as possible, We have already assigned a specialized team to be in charge of everything regarding this kind of topics, They are our digital assistance team, you can get in touch with them calling at 877-267-2859, you will be on great hands, and they will help you out getting this done, do not hesitate to contact us back anytime you need it, We are here to help! -ATTCares

• 

5 Messages

I have called this number several times. They can't figure out what appears to be a simple question....how to have the validation code sent to my phone instead of a non-phone device. I've spent a couple of hours talking to reps and a supervisor. It shouldn't be this difficult. One rep even suggested I swap SIM cards! :) As a new customer of AT&T, I am not impressed with their customer service. I'm concerned I made a bad decision going with their cell phone service.

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

i need to do this also, not add email, but change phone to landline not cell for validation...

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Did you call the number provided?

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

#i put in landland number in place of cell and they wanted to send a text..so i just left it as is..guess thats the only option....i can see if you want to ck your cell acct, but to ck the landline, uverse, they still want cell np#- Please type your reply above this line -##

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

i put in landland number in place of cell and they wanted to send a text..so i just left it as is..guess thats the only option....i can see if you want to ck your cell acct, but to ck the landline, uverse, they still want cell no

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

If the only option is to send it via text than they can't send it to a landline.

Teacher

• 

44 Messages

5 years ago

right i tried, doesnt make sense, what happens if you dont have a cell? you should have an option for email also

Expert

• 

19.4K Messages

5 years ago

Sorry, but I don't have options for anything, this is a customer to customer help forum so we have no control over what AT&T does or doesn't do.  About all you can do is contact customer service to see what options are available.  Again you can try the number listed in post 2 to see if that will get you the answers you need. 

1 Message

2 months ago

Having the same problem.  Not sure if it's my new phone (same number)-my cell phone spontaneously disappeared as an option for "Where should we send your code"? (To Keep your information safe, we'll send you a verficiation code.)  Tried calling customer support a few times, spending lots of time as the agent spoke with various subdepartment (apparently saying "verification code" does not elicit a canned response).  Thankfully I set-up the email account on Outlook.  I'd still like to correct, but have no idea how.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.