Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need to update email settings?
deanm01's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, April 9th, 2024 6:52 PM

Closed

Why does AT&T not tell the truth regarding the breach?

Got on a chat yesterday about this and the AT&T rep said my info wasn't included in the breach. I have it reported by 2 different reputable sources that it is.

The AT&T rep also said that there was nothing that they could do because it was not in the leak. So how do I prove them wrong? I really want to know. I am very disappointed in the way AT&T has handled and mitigated this whole debacle. Very amateurish if the truth be known. They should be doing a lot more than they are. At least offer the costumers a Life Lock or comparable service just like the banks and Pharmacies do. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Data Breach

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

32.2K Messages

1 month ago

Unfortunately the chat option is not reliable these days. Not sure if new/part-time reps, outsourced, or what. Transcripts apparently do not save to your account. That is why I suggest calling actual support for more accurate answers and at least your account is notated you did call.

As for not being happy with how it has been handled, regular customer support cannot change operations or add options for 3rd party services. Best you could do is file a BBB complaint which gets forwarded to upper management.

2 Messages

1 month ago

Yup. I was notified by OnAlert that my SSN is in the AT&T data breach, but no notification from AT&T. Interesting that AT&T is "unaware" of the scope of the breach.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I was notified by Experian and Discover both that my SSN has been leaked in the AT&T data breach. The email address, mailing address, etc shown with my ssn were all old from when I had AT&T nine years ago. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.