Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need to update email settings?
jodmcc1's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2024 3:18 PM

How do you use a secure mail key when trying to access mail on iPhone

I have setup an email secure key for my computer which is running Thunderbird client (Mac) and while I was on the ATT.COM site I also made one for my iPhone. How do I use the secure key on att.net account that goes through Yahoo? It wants me to have Capital letters, lowercase letters, a number and a special character. The secure key only generating lowercase letters. Thanks

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

23 days ago

The App should not be trying to enforce password complexity when entering a password that was created elsewhere, only when you are creating a password... it doesn't know what complexity rules the password authority may apply.  Which is why I asked for a screenshot... because it sounds like you've wandered into somewhere that is trying to create a new e-mail account or a local password to secure the profile on the phone from other users, not the password that gets sent to the server.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.8K Messages

23 days ago

I'm confused.  Thunderbird should not be trying to enforce any complexity requirements.  Can you show a screenshot of the page you're trying to fill in (without any user name, e-mail or password displayed)?

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

23 days ago

I'm sorry about the confusion. I have Thunderbird client on computer and it is using a secure mail key and working correctly.

I setup a secure mail for my iPhone running the Apple Mail App in the iOS because this morning because I could not access mail on the iPhone. When I went to enter the iPhone secure mail key it said I needed a number, capital letters, lowercase letters and a special character. How do I use the secure mail key when it is only generating lowercase letters?

Thanks,

John

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.