For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
RJKaas's profile

• 

13 Messages

Saturday, July 2nd, 2022 6:32 AM

Care Code: 205.2 [LU003]

I am receiving the Care Code: 205.2 [LU003] error for my wife's email account on the prodigy.net domain.  My email account, which is also on prodigy.net works fine, but her account is a subordinate account to mine.  I've read many of the questions and responses referencing this error and believe her account needs some type of "re-synchronization".  My question is how to get this done?

Following the "reset password" link does not work for her account, as we receive message "Hmm... that didn't work.
Check your entries and try again."  Any other ideas out there?

Thanks for your help.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

2 years ago

I had this happen a while back and as a strange coincidence, started happening again thursday evening.  Last time it happened, there was an ATT person that chimed in and helped me reset the account.  I have another post on it, hopefully you will get help soon.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks for the information, and I'm curious how you got AT&T involved?  Is there a way to call technical support or engage in an online chat?

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

2 years ago

They responded to my post here, made it private and then called me and verified my information so I did not have to change my password.

This just happened again last week, so I posted again on the private post but no one has responded.  I got tired of waiting and went ahead and reset my password and got back in.

(edited)

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@edcuccia   I'm not exactly sure how the DM system works (the ATTHelp people are actually on a completely different piece of software than this forum software) but my impression is that the customer can't go back and continue a private conversation after some period of time.  You'd have to create a whole new post so they could link up with you again.

But, it sounds like you don't really need their help, so that's good.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

2 years ago

Thanks, it was not DM, it was a standard post that I was told was marked private .  I responded in it and got no response.  But you conclusion could apply there also.  Thanks

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

Unfortunately we still have the Care Code: 205.2 [LU003] problem, and when we try to reset the password, we get the message "Hmm... that didn't work.  Check your entries and try again."

We were hoping someone from AT&T would respond, and we could reset the account via online chat.  I guess the only way is to repost the error and hope someone sees it.

Scholar

• 

267 Messages

2 years ago

Maybe you should call?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 years ago

Here is a link that I used 2 weeks ago to fix the Care Code 205.2 problem with my account:

https://www.att.com/search/?q=chat&linkCnt=10&linkSelPos=NaN

Get on chat and tell them you have the 205.2 bug and they need to re-sync your account.

At least it worked for a couple of weeks. Probably have to do it again as Windows Mail is now giving me this error message.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

@microcomp   ATTHelp has said that doing the "Forget password" procedure is what re-syncs the account so I don't see any value in engaging the support drones if it isn't completely necessary.

As for Windows Mail, there are a couple of serious issues with it right now so I've been steering people away from it.  Microsoft pushed out an update in early June and broke basic functionality for Yahoo-based email accounts.

• 

13 Messages

2 years ago

But the Forget password link DOESN'T WORK.

We still have the Care Code: 205.2 [LU003] problem, and when we try to reset the password, we get the message "Hmm... that didn't work.  Check your entries and try again."

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.