Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need to update email settings?
audiomagic's profile

1 Message

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 4:13 PM

Problems with emails forwarded to my sbcglobal.net account

I have a website with a contact form that goes to a .com email which is then forwarded to my sbcglobal.net email account.  Emails to my .com email have stopped coming through at all, some people get a bounce back email saying it is undeliverable, others don’t get any notice at all.  I’ve tried emailing myself and get nothing. This worked for 10 years. My website host says that AT&T I has started rejecting the emails from my .com for some reason and they can’t correct it. I’ve tried via phone, with no luck, and find it hard to believe that an email/internet provider does NOT have an email for tech support…… 

ACE - Expert

• 

35.5K Messages

18 days ago

find it hard to believe

Believe.  AT&T is a communication company, not a company that communicates.

AT&T/Yahoo (and others) have gotten really serious about DKIM/SPF, etc.  If you're allowing people to send you e-mail from their e-mail address via your web form (since you're saying some people are getting 'bounce back email' and that's the only way they could be getting such), then this is where you're having an issue.  The people who own the domain name of those from addresses do not list your service provider's SMTP server IP as a valid sender of e-mail for that domain, thus you're getting rejected.  Sorry, SPAMMERS have ruined a lot of useful SMTP abilities.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.