Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Protect yourself online
teffertoes's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 11:25 PM

Unmerging Yahoo & AT&T email accounts

It appears my Yahoo email account has been hacked. When I went in to change the password, it told me I had to change it via my merged AT&T account. Well, I haven't had AT&T for a couple of years and never unmerged that account from Yahoo after I left, apparently. When I try to go in with my former AT&T account, I initially get in and it says:

"We're sorry, the AT&T sevice you are attempting to access is not available using the login information you provided.
To continue, please select the login button for one of the services below."

I then get sent to the initial login for the AT&T account manager, but I can't login because I haven't been with AT&T for at least a year to 2 years. I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to abandon my Yahoo account because I have too many things associated with it.

I'd appreciate any help you could give me.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

How can anyone mess something so simple up, AT&T and Yahoo???

I just want to change my Yahoo password because you've been hacked and you guys have made it impossible. Now, I can't even log into my Yahoo account, because every time I try to do it, it takes me to AT&T. Is there a single reason that I shouldn't just delete my Yahoo account and just go over to a gmail account? 

This is garbage.

[Inappropriate content removed]

Community Support

• 

232.8K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @notgoodguys,

Since you do not have an att email account, we recommend contacting Yahoo. They can give you more information as why the Yahoo email is not working.

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I can't change my password because of how AT&T has been integrated into Yahoo.  When I click on the link to change passwords, it goes to AT&T even though I don't have an AT&T email. When I click the link for email support it again goes to AT&T. I tried deleting my Yahoo email account and I got a message on an AT&T page saying that I couldn't do that either.
So, thank you for the suggestion that I contact Yahoo about the problem. Since you've hijacked all the links in my Yahoo email that would direct me to the place to correct the issue maybe you can send me a link to the correct Yahoo page/contact point.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

How does the YAHOO debacle with their breach affect LONG TIME customers?

I have a prodigy.net address for my ATT address.

Any suggestions.

Many friends are dropping their YAHOO and YAHOO managed accounts,

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

This has happened to me too. I'd appreciate hearing of any solutions.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

A few weeks ago my DSL service was canelled beause I didn't want to upgrade it. I'm okay with that. But AT&T closed my sbcglobal.net email address and forced me to creaet a new Yahoo email address. This worked pretty well but now all of my sent emails are bounced, including to myself. I receive emails just fine. My other yahoo email address works fine. It's something about the fact that the email address was created via AT&T.

Would greatly apprciate help. By the way, I'm STILL an AT&T customer,  both home phone and mobile.

Regards,

Randy

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I've been attempting to reset my Yahoo password, but since my account is an older @pacbell.net account, now linked to AT&T, all attempts to reset it take me to the AT&T account password change page. I've successfully reset my password there, and verified that, but my Yahoo mail etc. still accepts only the older password. How do I get Yahoo to change to and accept the new password?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Based on advice above, I called the online support team at AT&T at (877) 267-2988.  It worked!!  They were very helpful and got it done.  Highly recommended

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I logged into my sbcglobal.net account through Yahoo.com, went to my account page and clicked on change password.  I was then directed to ATT and I changed my password there.  The password change was not synced to the yahoo login.  I can still login into my sbcglobal.net account on Yahoo.com using my old password.  How do I get them sync'd up?

Mentor

• 

32 Messages

7 years ago

I am having the same experience as many others have had following the Yahoo data breach.  When changing your password from within your Yahoo account in a web browser, you are directed to the AT&T site.  I changed my AT&T password successfully, and it said the new password would automatically be synchronized with Yahoo.  When I sign into att.yahoo.com, it works using my new password.  However, when I sign into the standard yahoo.com site, only my old password works, and my e-mail clients only connect using the old password.  Clearly, the password change on the AT&T site isn't synchronizing with Yahoo.  So, effectively, I have no way of changing my Yahoo password.  I can only change my AT&T password.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.